C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trailing arm bushings

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 10:18 AM
dewcustom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailing arm bushings

well i finaly got my t arms out and yes i used the saw zaw
the metal sleeve had sezed to the bolt
when i went to put in the new bushings they don't fit. i guess there is a difrence in bushings for stock and off set t arms
any one know where i can get some for an offset t arm today? i figure i can order them from vette brakes but is the some where i can pick some up so i can get this done? :sad:
Old 08-27-2003, 10:42 AM
vettemack
Racer

Default Re: trailing arm bushings (dewcustom)

I have a set of polyurethane bushings but do not have the inner sleeve which goes with them. Got the staking tools and shims also but used the sleeves on my off set arms.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:20 AM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

I used the stock metal sleeves with my poly bushings. As a matter of fact, I didn't even remove the sleeves. All of my stuff was already in great shape, but I wanted poly anyway. I have the metal sleeves that came with the bushings if you want them.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:29 AM
vettemack
Racer

There shouldn't be any difference between an offset arm versus a non-offset arm. What do you mean by they don't fit? The bushing are going to be really tight and comes with shims to make them that way. The VBP instructions call for a light press fit of .005 - .010.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:48 PM
dewcustom
Racer

Default Re: trailing arm bushings (vettemack)

when i said they don't fit i mean they are a completely difrent size the ones i pulled out have a smaller outside diameter and a larger inside diameter also the out edge that does not go into the t arm but fits between the t arm and a washer is thicker and the sleeve is not even close to long enough. the sleeve that came out was much thicker it looks like the poly strut bushings.

Get notified of new replies

To trailing arm bushings

Quick Reply: trailing arm bushings