C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

77 flooding problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 11:30 PM
tedo77
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 77 flooding problems

My 77 will run all day with no problems. However after I shut it down and try to restart it after it has been sitting for 2 or more hours the engine cranks and cranks. I smell gas so i wait about an hour with the air cleaner off and it finally starts. It's not vapor lock because the fuel squirts in when I work the throttle. If I start the the car after 1/2 hour or so it starts right up It's when the car sits that it is flooding although I see no gas poring in after it's off.
77 Coupe with Edelbrock Torker11 , Holley 650 Double pumper. The floats are adjusted properly. It runs like a bear otherwise from idle to high rpm and idles smooth. Any help would be appreciated. PS there is no choke on the carburator but there never was, in addition the "y" pipe and converter "fell" off when I put stainless duals on.
:) Thank You in advance
Old 08-26-2003, 11:52 PM
FeedVaal
Burning Brakes

Default Re: 77 flooding problems (tedo77)

PS there is no choke on the carburator but there never was
Hard to start with the engine cold, Hmmmmm.....
Old 08-26-2003, 11:58 PM
tedo77
Cruising

Default Re: 77 flooding problems (FeedVaal)

Actually when the motor is stone cold it starts fine , It's when the motor is HOT that the flooding occurs. As I stated this is a flooding problem after the car sits for a couple hours not a choke problem.

Get notified of new replies

To 77 flooding problems

Quick Reply: 77 flooding problems