C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Midwest guys and gals, come for a drive...

Old 08-26-2003, 09:12 PM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Midwest guys and gals, come for a drive...

I have posted about this event before, but it seems the details are just coming together. I went last year for the first time and was the only C3 there. I was able to hang with the new Vettes and had a great time. Come on out so I'm not the only C3 there this year.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=635767

Ken
Old 08-26-2003, 11:34 PM
ManFromEagle
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Midwest guys and gals, come for a drive... (bb69)

The first post on the link you listed has a web site for this event but has no info posted. Where is it and what time. Sounds like it could be fun.

:auto:
Old 08-27-2003, 07:14 AM
bb69
Drifting

Default Re: Midwest guys and gals, come for a drive... (Man from Eagle)

The event is a road trip from Windsor, Canada to Mariatta, Ohio. The group also stops in Michigan to pick up people that don't want to cross the border just to come back into the States. The event lasts two days with an overnight stay in Marietta. The roads are amazing. The minimum donation is $100, but you are encouraged to raise more. This money goes to the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Last year, every driver received a gift of some sort. These were either gift certificates or parts from supporting Corvette vendors. All in all, it's two days of great driving and a chance to meet some other Vette drivers.

Ken
Old 08-27-2003, 09:03 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Midwest guys and gals, come for a drive... (bb69)

Sounds like a good time, I'll keep an eye on it to see if I can make it. Hope there is a slow poke pack for us non-over drive guys. :)
Old 08-27-2003, 12:37 PM
bb69
Drifting

Default Re: Midwest guys and gals, come for a drive... (Fevre)

Fevre,
Last year, there were two main groups; the two Z06's and the rest of us. I was able to keep up with the other C5's and the 2 C4's. Granted, they weren't driving their cars to the limit, but the point is that not all these guys are pushing the envelope. Also, there are plenty of stops to gather up the group, get gas, eat, etc. By the way, I also followed the two Z's one time, and made a good showing. They pulled away from me in the straights and some corners, but I was only a few minutes behind when they stopped. There were no other cars behind me that I could see. :D It really is a good time, but I am looking forward to more C3's. It looks like they have set a date for Oct 4&5. If you are interested in a pre-run, email me for details.

Ken

Get notified of new replies

To Midwest guys and gals, come for a drive...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Midwest guys and gals, come for a drive...