C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oliver, (GrandsportC3) are feeling ok?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 05:42 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Oliver, (GrandsportC3) are feeling ok?

700 post in the last week! dude, have you come to the end of the internet?
Old 08-26-2003, 05:59 PM
LakotasRose
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Oliver, (GrandsportC3) are feeling ok? (QuickVet)

Old 08-26-2003, 08:04 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default Re: Oliver, (GrandsportC3) are feeling ok? (QuickVet)

I'm actually only post half speed... I used to post 1000 - 1400 but I have slowed myself down... to anywhere from 600 - 900... I have over 8 hours at work that I can surf the forum and post... I'm really bored and don't know what else I could do at work..
Old 08-26-2003, 08:09 PM
SCVetteGuy
Racer

Default Re: Oliver, (GrandSportC3)

Shouldn't you be workin? LoL. What to you do that gives you that much free time?
Old 08-26-2003, 08:11 PM
barkingowl
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Oliver, (SCVetteGuy)

Shouldn't you be workin? LoL. What to you do that gives you that much free time?
I think he's a gigolo... :lol:
Old 08-26-2003, 08:14 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

We have hardly any work... We are going to get outsourced to Chile by the end of the year... Our jobs will be done for 80% less $$ there.... :nonod: :nonod:
Old 08-26-2003, 08:16 PM
Ceptor
Team Owner

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

:sad: :sad: :sad:
Old 08-26-2003, 08:21 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Oliver, (Interceptor430)

:smash: that sucks. If i knew that was coming, i guess i wouldnt be doing much either :jester
Old 08-26-2003, 08:22 PM
SCVetteGuy
Racer

Default Re: Oliver, (Interceptor430)

Well that's not cool.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:25 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Well that's not cool.
Well - I'm consultant.. and my client company is going to get outsourced.. If I'm lucky - my consulting company will come up with another assignment... but that's not 100% sure...
Old 08-26-2003, 08:25 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor

You are funny! Do you really think *everyone* has to work for their pay like most of us do? I dated a chick a couple of years ago who was a Senior External Auditor for an Independent Oil Company and I'll swear they paid her $90K/year to call me at work so that I couldn't get anything done. She even told me that she couldn't understand why anyone would work so much for what I was being paid. She was a cutie, so I put up with it for awhile. (Hint: Key Word: awhile). :cheers:
Old 08-26-2003, 08:27 PM
SCVetteGuy
Racer

Default Re: Oliver, (bgrice)

You are funny! Do you really think *everyone* has to work for their pay like most of us do?
Gee, I must really be in the wrong line of work. I work at a library, I put books back on the shelves, I have to work the whole time I'm there. But I'm young, so maybe once I get out of college I'll get one of those nice no work jobs. :lol:
Old 08-26-2003, 08:32 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

You are funny! Do you really think *everyone* has to work for their pay like most of us do? I dated a chick a couple of years ago who was a Senior External Auditor for an Independent Oil Company and I'll swear they paid her $90K/year to call me at work so that I couldn't get anything done. She even told me that she couldn't understand why anyone would work so much for what I was being paid. She was a cutie, so I put up with it for awhile. (Hint: Key Word: awhile). :cheers:
If I would calculate how much I get paid for every ACTUAL hour of work - it would end up over $300 per hour :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-26-2003, 08:33 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

You are funny! Do you really think *everyone* has to work for their pay like most of us do?

Gee, I must really be in the wrong line of work. I work at a library, I put books back on the shelves, I have to work the whole time I'm there. But I'm young, so maybe once I get out of college I'll get one of those nice no work jobs. :lol:
Right now - I got a little busier than I used to be.. There were days without anything to do... I used to be kind of a troubleshooter.. If there were no problems - I had nothing to do :D :D
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

This continual outsourcing of higher paying jobs has to reined in, which obviously means a re-evaluation of funds management and return expectations on the equity holders side. We have seen that as an "informational/service sector" based economy we just cannot survive at this point, read still "Fear of further Recession" in the Wall Sreet Journal and Barons. We conitinue to sell our childrens' futures out with such short sighted economic policies driven by IRR, CFPS etc. but what do I know since leaving Wall St and Int'l trade arena. I am just going to buy a Tim Horton's for my son and pay my daughter's way through orthodontist school, move up to the cottage for May - Nov and the winter home in Arizona for winters. Olivier I am truly sorry to hear this and I hope that you have other options available to you when the time comes. :sad:
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor

Olivier...

Information technology doesn't seem to be the place to be these days like it used to. You pick up the phone and call a problem about a Dell computer and you are routed to someone in India or Pakistan that will work for 1/4 of the money. It's not a good thing as far as I am concerned as the majority of the companies around the world are purely looking at their short-term bottom line and not the consequences of the U.S. economy not being able to support buying those $55,000 vettes if it continues.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:40 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: Oliver, (gdh)

This continual outsourcing of higher paying jobs has to reined in, which obviously means a re-evaluation of funds management and return expectations on the equity holders side. We have seen that as an "informational/service sector" based economy we just cannot survive at this point, read still "Fear of further Recession" in the Wall Sreet Journal and Barons. We conitinue to sell our childrens' futures out with such short sighted economic policies driven by IRR, CFPS etc. but what do I know since leaving Wall St and Int'l trade arena. I am just going to buy a Tim Horton's for my son and pay my daughter's way through orthodontist school, move up to the cottage for May - Nov and the winter home in Arizona for winters. Olivier I am truly sorry to hear this and I hope that you have other options available to you when the time comes. :sad:
I'm sure that there will be opportunities.. but they might not be here in the Miami area.. I might consider moving back to the Tampa area..

Get notified of new replies

To Oliver, (GrandsportC3) are feeling ok?

Old 08-26-2003, 08:44 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Olivier...

Information technology doesn't seem to be the place to be these days like it used to. You pick up the phone and call a problem about a Dell computer and you are routed to someone in India or Pakistan that will work for 1/4 of the money. It's not a good thing as far as I am concerned as the majority of the companies around the world are purely looking at their short-term bottom line and not the consequences of the U.S. economy not being able to support buying those $55,000 vettes if it continues.
IT is really bad right now.. I might make 10k less than I make right now at another job... Our salaries were already cut by quite a bit.. I'm making already 10k less than I made a year ago... If I have to find another job - I might lose another 10k per year... :nonod: :nonod: :nonod:
I'm working in a very specific field of IT and there are very few jobs available. I'm a mainframe Sr. Systems Analyst... (MVS, COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, VSAM etc........) and have no Client Server experience (other than private experience)..

[Modified by GrandSportC3, 8:45 PM 8/26/2003]
Old 08-26-2003, 09:04 PM
TedH
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Olivier,

I was in your shoes back in '97 (S390, MVS, COBOL II, CICS, DB2, VSAM). I took the leap into Quality Assurance and then Project Mgmt in e-business. You may want to consider a move into Project Mgmt/Leadership to expand your options.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:05 PM
OHSIXX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor 03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Oliver: I hope you get a great job. You gotta support all of those vettes. So, you are not thinking about moving to Chile? I don't think I would either.

Maybe you should prepare to "hunker down" a little now in case you are without work for awhile. Good Luck! :)

Quick Reply: Oliver, (GrandsportC3) are feeling ok?