C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

carbon fiber center console pics - beta unit

Old 08-25-2003, 07:00 PM
71roadster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default carbon fiber center console pics - beta unit

I have been working on this for a while and although this unit is not finished and I still need to modify the mold, I wanted to post a pic since I have a LOT of time invested just to get to this point.

The console plate doesent fit as well as I would like. My original plan was to design it so that it can be used with the original console plate, but since I am building a new anodized billet aluminum console plate, and since it would mean reshaping the plug and making a new mold and everything that entails (a LOT of friggen work and time) I am just going to go with the mold I have and cut the billet plate to fit. The parking brake console will be either carbon fiber or leather. The future calls for some trim in the door panels and possibly a dash, but the dash may be overkill.

This represents a lot of time, and I mean a lot, so please don't ask me how I did it. Feel free to do the research and build your own.

Chris

[Modified by 71roadster, 4:06 PM 8/25/2003]

[Modified by 71roadster, 11:05 AM 8/27/2003]
Old 08-25-2003, 07:08 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: carbon fiber center console pics - beta unit (71roadster)

Awesome!! I like it. Keep up the great work. I want to try this too.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:11 PM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NICE work!!! :thumbs: I have been working on a custom interior for my 76 for over 2 years and know how much work it takes to make something like that. I actually gave up about 2 weeks ago and now plan on just restoring to original. I got about 80% done appearance wise, but what was left was a nightmare and I just could not figure out how to make it work. Once you get it down, try selling on ebay. With my 76, I really dont care about originality, even restored to factory specs it just is not worth much so I have fun with it.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:58 PM
dath
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This represents a lot of time, and I mean a lot, so don't ask me how I did it. Feel free to do the research and build your own.
Very cool. So how'd you do it? :jester
Old 08-26-2003, 09:00 AM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

Very Cool!!!!!!!!

Not only was it a lot of work, but that cloth is some expensive s h i t to use for trial and error. It looks like its as hard as I thought to get the cloth to lay perfectly straight as well. Between the cost and difficulty, my plan is to make custom parts out of fiberglass and paint the center console guage cluster area and part of the shifter console to match the car. Much more forgiving.

You should be very proud!!! That's the best looking CF work I've seen come out of a home garage. :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To carbon fiber center console pics - beta unit

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: carbon fiber center console pics - beta unit