C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my nightmare witha product called"shiney tires"-THE TRUTH

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 12:52 PM
carl a
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default my nightmare witha product called"shiney tires"-THE TRUTH

at blomington at phesant run , i purchased ''shiney tires''a product made by its seller to coat your tires, and is supposed to last a very long time. the next day i deceided to try it on my brand new tires-(the tires were bought the week before the show and was the last part of my very expensive body off restoration)-i followed the directions to the letter and the tires looked great... that wed was a show in town-after driving to the show on of the people there said'' whats wrong with your tires''-upon examing them i noticed the tires had a aligator apperence -they looked very bad- i now got ahold of the maker and he stated ''not to put his product on new tires--this was NOT in his directions-he sais it would be in the new directions---- so i was used for a gunie pig-- he tried to make good by sending me the remover--this took several days of hard scrubbing to the point my sidewalls have the white coming thru(there dunlop qualifiers-with rased whites)--- i am now out the money charged for the product#2-the money spent on the new tires(since i no longer want them on a show car)#3 all my time( im a electrican foreman and could have been working instead of runing my tires) and all the shows i missed because of this product--- THIS IS THE TRUTH- I WAS TOLD BY A ATTORNEY I CANNOT BE SUIED BY TELLING THE TRUTH- i brought this to the attention of the owner of ''shiney tires'' and told him of the losses i have occured by him misrepresenting his product- to this day i have not gotton a payment from him for my losses so im posting''THE TRUTH'' so others dont have this horrible experence--------
Old 08-24-2003, 01:13 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: my nightmare witha product called"shiney tires"-THE TRUTH (carl a)

OUCH!!
Old 08-24-2003, 01:19 PM
OHSIXX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor 03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Default Re: my nightmare witha product called"shiney tires"-THE TRUTH (79VetteMike)

Thanks for posting about "Shiney Tires." I will be sure to avoid it. :skep:

BTW, I hope you get some money out of that jerk.
Old 08-24-2003, 01:22 PM
phxraptor
Burning Brakes

:mad People/companies like that DO NOT stay in buisness long. Out to make the FAST BUCK. :(
Old 08-24-2003, 01:23 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

They would be smart to settle with you quickly. I think an new set of Dunlop Qualifiers and some time and energy remuneration would be appropriate.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:57 PM
junkjp
Intermediate

Default Re: my nightmare witha product called"shiney tires"-THE TRUTH (Smokehouse69)

I was thinking about buying some of this stuff. Did he give any reason why it would do that to new tires or how old your tires have to be to safely use it.
Old 08-24-2003, 04:38 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Why can't it be put on new tires? What makes them diff than 'old' tires? :confused:
Old 08-24-2003, 04:43 PM
stpman
Melting Slicks

Default Re: my nightmare witha product called"shiney tires"-THE TRUTH (Fevre)

Why can't it be put on new tires? What makes them diff than 'old' tires? :confused:
:iagree: If it shouldn't be use on new tires I sure wouldn't use it on old tires

Steve :steering:

[Modified by stpman, 4:43 PM 8/24/2003]
Old 08-24-2003, 04:56 PM
81' Corvette Guy
Burning Brakes

Default Re: my nightmare witha product called"shiney tires"-THE TRUTH (stpman)

What constitutes a "New" tire??? Sounds like you have a great case..am not usually one to advocate litigation...but, sounds like a great case to me. Not your fault that he said nothing about using his product on "new" tires...obviously "fruad and deceptive trade practices" going on there. Hope he gets his just desert!
Old 08-24-2003, 05:11 PM
Matt Gruber
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

mount them blackwall out?
Old 08-24-2003, 05:25 PM
carl a
Safety Car

Default Re: my nightmare witha product called"shiney tires"-THE TRUTH (Matt Gruber)

i tried reasoning with him---putting him in my place---empthany-----(im not sure if i spelled that correctly-but im sure either he has none-or he doesnt care)------ he said he was going to put that in his new directions---TOO LATE------ also the remove cannot touch metal painted surfaces--well ,,just try getting this remover on your tires without getting it on the sides of the rims-those were freshly painted-guess what happened to them!!!! yes i have to take the tires off-repaint the rims-then get new tires-------lots of fun doing it twice! expecially when its someone elses fault
Old 08-24-2003, 05:36 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

There must be some legal action you can take, a product designed for tires that ruins said tires appearance, SUE HIM :mad

On a side note I never put anything other than soap on my tires, all that "shiny tire" stuff wears off and the tires look worse than they would have if you never put anything on them

[Modified by MotorHead, 4:38 PM 8/24/2003]
Old 08-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Default Re: my nightmare witha product called"shiney tires"-THE TRUTH (stpman)

:iagree: If it shouldn't be use on new tires I sure wouldn't use it on old tires

Steve :steering:

[Modified by stpman, 4:43 PM 8/24/2003]
:iagree: with Steve. This does not sound like a good product. Thanks for sharing this story with the rest of us :yesnod:
Old 08-24-2003, 05:57 PM
slaine
Instructor

Carl, man I am sorry to hear about that. At one time I was gonna put a Bowtie Overdrive 200 in my '80, but then I read in this forum how they treat people with problems after the sale. No BTO tranny in my car and now no "shiney tires" on my car. The attourney was wrong, they can always sue, if you tell the truth, it's just very difficult for them to win.
Mike
Old 08-24-2003, 07:14 PM
carl a
Safety Car

Default Re: my nightmare witha product called"shiney tires"-THE TRUTH (slaine)

i plan on re-posting this every once in a while. i hope i dont affend anyone on this forum . by reposting---- im really not sure how often i should re post it,,,before its off the threads-any imput would help---thanks for all you replys----- i try to help in any way i can from past knowledge of certain things,, so no one has the same problems---carl
Old 09-06-2003, 08:10 AM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Any new developments? I'm beginning to think that you don't care too much for Shiney Tires! :jester
:_dupe: my nightmare with a product called ''shiney tires'' THE TRUTH 5:34 AM 9/6/2003 :_dupe: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=644300
Your posts never go away. They are easily accessed from the CorvetteForum Archives whenever you need them.

But seriously, I hope this situation works itself out. :seeya
Old 09-06-2003, 09:57 PM
greatgonzoglenn
Racer

Sometimes just the threat of a lawsuit opens peoples eyes. His BS and that you have talked to an attorney (use his name) might make this guy have second thoughts on not re-imbursing you for your troubles. :flag
Old 09-06-2003, 11:42 PM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Default Re: my nightmare witha product called"shiney tires"-THE TRUTH (greatgonzoglenn)

all i can say is that i have used Shiny Tires for over a year now and i absolutly LOVE it...
below is a picture taken of one of my tires about 2 months ago...
i applied Shiny Tires to it the day i bought the tires (brand new) and this pic was taken after one whole year of being on the tire...
i dont know what happened to your tires and its a terrible shame that it happened to you...
but i have had such great success with the product that i just wanted to tell of my experience with the product...
i dont know if it makes a difference but i opted to dilute mine 50% because i personaly dont care for the "too shiny, plastic" look and prefer a more natural look to my tires...
this pic shows a tire that i have done absolutly ZERO maintenance to other than normal car washing...i NEVER, EVER put anything on my tires except soap and water...
and the tire looks exactly like the day i treated it over one year ago...

what did you do to "prep" your tires before treating them?

[Modified by SIGNGUY, 11:37 AM 9/7/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To my nightmare witha product called"shiney tires"-THE TRUTH

Quick Reply: my nightmare witha product called"shiney tires"-THE TRUTH