C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess what I drove this week?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 10:26 PM
battsup
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guess what I drove this week?

I work at a dealership(chrysler) and for some reason ive been getting to drive really cool cars this week. On thursday i drove a Prowler and today i drove a 300zx TT and a 3500 dually longbox club cab(lotta money). The Prowler is an overpriced POS I would never pay that much for a car with such crappy turning and performance. The 300 on the other hand was a rocket(with nos). One of the mechanics brought it in and was gonna fix an exhaust problem for his buddy. Anyhow he tells me to go wash the red car across the street and gives me the keys, he then says go for a spin but dont crash it. When i crossed the street i discover that this was a 300zx!! Man that thing was a rocket(as soon as the turbos kicked in). I know what im getting for my next car, that thing would kick the poopie outta the vette and i just drove around in third gear the whole time(there was no shift pattern markings and didnt wanna through it in reverse while i was moving).
Old 08-23-2003, 10:40 PM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Re: Guess what I drove this week? (battsup)

The old 300Z TT had a good power to weigh ratio and was indeed a quick car, but it does not offer the nostalgia or seat-of-the-pants torque you feel in a Corvette. JMHO and $0.02.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:02 PM
battsup
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Guess what I drove this week? (SharkAttack)

True, I did not feel the power that i feel in the vette(i realized this when i drove home) also the vette does not have any turbo lag and feels like you are going much faster than you actually are. But the 300z would dance around most c3 vettes
Old 08-24-2003, 12:10 AM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

The 300 on the other hand was a rocket(with nos). Man that thing was a rocket(as soon as the turbos kicked in).
Not to be an azz, but how can you dog out a customer's car without a shred of guilt? The guy takes his car to the dealer for service only to have an employee run the snot out of it?? :skep: No offsense but if I brought my car in for service at your dealer and I found out you ran the **** out of it, you sir would live out the rest of your days with a severe limp.

Sorry this just touches a nerve with me. :mad

[RANT OFF]

[Modified by Corey 68, 8:38 AM 8/24/2003]
Old 08-24-2003, 12:16 AM
Let 'er eat!
Pro

I know what im getting for my next car, that thing would kick the poopie outta the vette [/QUOTE]

Maybe at stock vette... :D
Old 08-24-2003, 01:18 AM
battsup
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Guess what I drove this week? (Corey 68)

The 300 on the other hand was a rocket(with nos). Man that thing was a rocket(as soon as the turbos kicked in).

Not to be an azz, but how can you dog out a customer's car without a shred of guilt? The guy takes his car to the deal for service only to have an employee run the snot out of it?? :skep: No offsense but if I brought my car in for service at your dealer and I found out you ran the **** out of it, you sir would live out the rest of your days with a severe limp.

[RANT OFF]
The guy told me to take it for a spin
Old 08-24-2003, 01:25 AM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

The guy told me to take it for a spin
But the it wasn't the mechanic's car it was his buddy's, no?

One of the mechanics brought it in and was gonna fix an exhaust problem for his buddy. Anyhow he tells me to go wash the red car across the street and gives me the keys, he then says go for a spin but dont crash it.
It seems it wasn his car to lend out? :confused:
Old 08-24-2003, 01:33 AM
FASGLAS
Race Director

CI 4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Default Re: Guess what I drove this week? (Corey 68)

Not to be an azz, but how can you dog out a customer's car without a shred of guilt? The guy takes his car to the deal for service only to have an employee run the snot out of it?? :skep: No offsense but if I brought my car in for service at your dealer and I found out you ran the **** out of it, you sir would live out the rest of your days with a severe limp.

[RANT OFF]

:iagree: :mad :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To Guess what I drove this week?

Quick Reply: Guess what I drove this week?