C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Wiper rely just buzzes on 1981.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 06:09 PM
buchinsd
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Wiper rely just buzzes on 1981.

Does anyone have the troubleshooting steps for a 81, from the factory service manual that I can look at? When I turn the ignition switch on, the wiper relay under the hood, clicks/buzzes, but no movement of the motor. I have 12v to the motor and the GND is good, so I suspect the relay...Also, under the hood next to the relays is a vacuum switch. Anyone know what this is for in an 81? Mine does not have a vacuum line attached to it...

I have looked at the wiring diagrams for an '80, but they must not have the intermittent option, because they are different.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2003, 12:42 PM
Master Ho
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Windshield Wiper rely just buzzes on 1981. (buchinsd)

I'm waiting on the mailman to deliver my '81 factory manual; I'll post the info ASAP, if it's in the manual.

Master Ho
Old 08-24-2003, 07:33 PM
81' Corvette Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Windshield Wiper rely just buzzes on 1981. (Master Ho)

Sorry bro..looked into my 81' Corvette Shop Manual and only gave directions for wiper transmission removal and replacement. Manual stated that the wiper wiring and diagnostics portion was on the "Body Service Manual" go figure..hopefully someone will chime in...following another lead hope I can get some more info on this for you...Joe!

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield Wiper rely just buzzes on 1981.

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper rely just buzzes on 1981.