C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 02:32 AM
PewterMetallic98
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wipers

When the switch is turned on I hear a clicking sound that sounds like it is coming from a relay behind the seat and the wipers dont even budge. What could be the problem? Are they vacuum controlled to? If so what do I need to do? :confused:
Old 08-23-2003, 07:12 PM
vettemack
Racer

Default Re: Wipers (ElectronBlueC3)

That clicking is the wiper delay relay. It is located under the console. No, the wipers are not vacuum operated or controlled. In order for my 79's to work, I had to push the windshield washer button first, and than they would work until I would turn off the engine. I bought a new switch but never installed it. It was just easier to push the button. :nopity
Old 08-23-2003, 07:48 PM
PewterMetallic98
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Wipers (vettemack)

I tried that but all it did was click still. Could the relay be bad, if not what else could be wrong??
Old 08-23-2003, 08:39 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Wipers (ElectronBlueC3)

Mind that I have never fixed one of these systems, but from what I hear, the intermittant wiper box under the console has a bunch of bad circuit board connections where the pins of the wiring interconnect are soldered onto the board...for the electronics....so to pull it all apart, and solder everything that looks suspicious....

this I know is true for most later GM cars and wiper troubles, no matter which model....

GENE

Get notified of new replies

To Wipers

Quick Reply: Wipers