C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo Guys... Is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 01:14 AM
WPEDirect
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Guys... Is this a good deal?

Found this on Ebay... and I don't know anything about turbo specs. Is this a good deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2428875665

:grouphug:
Old 08-23-2003, 04:47 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Turbo Guys... Is this a good deal? (WPEDirect)

Dunno, check what the individual components cost. 500$ for T04s.. hmm, they can be had cheaper. For the rest it's pipes and fittings I see. All it needs is intercoolers and fabrication.

[Modified by Twin_Turbo, 3:49 AM 8/23/2003]
Old 08-23-2003, 01:18 PM
WashingtonRacer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Turbo Guys... Is this a good deal? (Twin_Turbo)

it's an awful toss up, it all does look good and clean, they mean well, however it is no deal. He's asking for top dollar of how much that would all cost to get together yourself, Minus the polished piping, That would probabily be the only thing that makes this more of a deal. However, I would gurantee that none of those polished pipes would be used in the end the way you would end up running all the plumbing wouldn't allow for those kinds of bends. It does look almost like the kit was based off a certain application, I would ask him what. All of the rest of the piping would be hacked and murdered before the job was done. There is no set way to build a Turbo kit for Chevy engines mainly cause it's not the engine thats the issue it's the car or the fact that there are so many different cars or layouts that use a chevy engine. And it's not cost effective to build a turbo kit just for a paticular car.

it's probabily a better choice to just get 2 t-4's seperatly, and build it as you go.
Old 08-23-2003, 01:36 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Turbo Guys... Is this a good deal? (WashingtonRacer)

Yeh, you aint' kidding, there was a Nav Air EE down the road a piece here, who had a C3 and was going to TT the thing, and he finally backed out to spend more time with his GN.....shame really, but I suspect the problems with a chebby 350 with TT setup is boost limited, no matter how you build the short block, as the bottom end just will not stand up very long to a TT boost situation.....certainly not for 100k++ miles...

GENE

Get notified of new replies

To Turbo Guys... Is this a good deal?

Quick Reply: Turbo Guys... Is this a good deal?