C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Houston area C-3's... HRP Sunday invitation

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 09:47 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Houston area C-3's... HRP Sunday invitation

If any of you have never been to Houston Raceway Park you are missing a first class drag strip. I got the couple of parts(mainly a leaking thermostat housing) I needed for the '71 today, so I will be out there late Sunday afternoon to make a few passes. It's been years('93) since I have been on the actual strip there, so even I need to get in tune how it works again. If anyone has some free time late Sunday it's only $15 to race and less to just be a spectator. It would be just fun meeting some of the forum members. I know some of the C-5'ers will be there. If you are interested, post in this thread and we'll find a place to meet on the east side of Houston and roll into the track together.

If you can make it or have any questions just post here. I'll try to keep this thread active until around noon Sunday. The track opens at 4PM and timed runs start at 5PM.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:21 AM
81vette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Houston area C-3's... HRP Sunday invitation (bgrice)

I can't wait to get mine back together, so I can take it over to Raceway and see what it'll do. Er....maybe I should say what I'll do, since I'll most likely be the limiting factor. The last time I ran down a track I was around 18 years old.

Mark

[Modified by 81vette, 1:22 AM 8/23/2003]
Old 08-23-2003, 07:11 AM
Blue68
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Barry,
I am interested in going out there on Sunday. And I talked Brett into going too. However, we will only be a spectator this time. Since we are in Pearland too we can meet up somewhere in Pearland. Send me an email to wsh68@yahoo.com

wayne h.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:08 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Houston area C-3's... HRP Sunday invitation (Blue68)

Wayne....

You have mail. I put in it that I will be taking the Beltway around to I-10 and to the track and will meet you all at the defunct K-mart on Hwy 35 just south of the Beltway at 4PM. It's mostly just tinkertoy stuff today getting prepped along with making a list of wrecker services from Pearland to Baytown. :lol: :lol:

Hell.... you never can tell!

Mark...

If you have some free time come on out and again.... if any other C3'ers want to come the more the better. We can find a place to meet on the way or at the track.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:28 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor

ttt...

Just moving it up in case someone missed it and want to come to HRP tomorrow. Digital camera comes along and I'll see if we can't bring some good pix home to post.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor

ttt...

Wayne/Brett,

Everything is on. I'll meet you all in the front of the K-mart parking lot. If for some reason you all decide to not go just answer this or e-mail me.

By the way... it sure reaked filling this thing up with premium yesterday at $1.73/gallon.

Get notified of new replies

To Houston area C-3's... HRP Sunday invitation

Quick Reply: Houston area C-3's... HRP Sunday invitation