C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 Borg-Warner 6 speed going in with my big block. Couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 03:44 PM
KrakHed
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Borg-Warner 6 speed going in with my big block. Couple questions

Hello all. I'm finally going to pull my small block and 4 speed out for my big block and a 6 speed from a 95 camaro. I found a site that explains the majority of how this is done, but I had a question or two. Is the skip shift thing going to be present and do I have to do anything about that? What will I need to do (if anything) about the speedometer? And of course, the obligatory: Any other suggestions on this swap are always welcome. Thanks.

-Isaac
Old 08-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 387 Likes on 235 Posts

Default Re: 95 Borg-Warner 6 speed going in with my big block. Couple questions (KrakHed)

Keep us posted :cool: I plan on swapping a the Viper T-56 in next Summer. I was planning putting Camaro T-56 in but they are rated at only 350lbs of TQ. Even though they will handle more, I'm wondering how long it will last behind my Big Block. Th Viper unit is rated at 450lbs of TQ, but have seen these stock units behind 800hp+ cars.

Quick Reply: 95 Borg-Warner 6 speed going in with my big block. Couple questions