C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Computer viruses... Anyone else's parts late?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 12:49 AM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Computer viruses... Anyone else's parts late?

I wonder if UPS & Fedex are feeling these things? I've got parts stuck in California since Monday based on UPS's site that were due in yesterday. Already two days late. And a shipment from ZIP is due tomorrow and no updates on the progress since Wednesday where they were in Dallas. I'm not betting I get them either. So much for thinking I was planning ahead for this weekend.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:06 AM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Computer viruses... Anyone else's parts late? (bgrice)

Funny you mention that, I was tracking a package with Fedex for work yesterday that did not arrive till today. Even though the package had moved it did not reflect that it had in the tracking report till over 12 hours later.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:15 AM
standup
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Computer viruses... Anyone else's parts late? (bgrice)

Yeh my parts are late, but it doesn't have anything to do with computer viruses.....

...down here, Fedex will deliver in 2 days if I want to pay $66 USD a gram.....otherwise it's a minimum 3 week wait for parts by standard airfreight.......and if it's anything bigger than a turtle (e.g. a trans or motor) I'll have to wait for a 2 month non conference ship to leave LA....

....and if I want a $2 breather from Summit, they'll charge a $24 international handling fee....plus shipping!!!!!!

.....and if I want a 300ml can of Eastwoods Cast Blast, which is Class 3 flammable....I can't ship it by air.....so I'll have to wait 6 weeks for it to arrive by boat.....

.....and if any of this goes missing during transit....it's a long, drawn out, expensive catfight to get anyone to take responsiblity, which means I'm the one out of pocket......

So much for planning a month in advance........yeh I know I'm ranting.....and I've chosen to live in the Land of the Long White Cloud....any houses for sale in your neighborhood :)
Old 08-22-2003, 07:12 AM
Martin72
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Computer viruses... Anyone else's parts late? (LAvetteman)

Funny you mention that, I was tracking a package with Fedex for work yesterday that did not arrive till today. Even though the package had moved it did not reflect that it had in the tracking report till over 12 hours later.
FexEx's computer system went down (or was taken down) in Atlanta on Wednesday (and I got the impression that the takedown would be occuring in other parts of their system). They were unable to communicate with their trucks....no way to trace shipments....no way to order pickups. I had several packages that had to go.....but couldn't get FedEx to pick-up. I had to run all over town to find a drop box that had a later scheduled pick-up.

Don't ya just love computers when they don't work....
Old 08-22-2003, 07:21 AM
QuickVet
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Computer viruses... Anyone else's parts late? (Martin72)

my overnight package is three days late :cuss my ups ground got here in two days. both were orded at the same time :nonod:
Old 08-22-2003, 09:39 AM
Stewart's74
Safety Car

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Re: Computer viruses... Anyone else's parts late? (QuickVet)

No parts for the vette but my Vans shoes are MIA. :mad
Old 08-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Computer viruses... Anyone else's parts late? (Stewart's74)

No parts ordered here. No virus either, I run a Mac. :yesnod:

-Justin

Get notified of new replies

To Computer viruses... Anyone else's parts late?

Quick Reply: Computer viruses... Anyone else's parts late?