C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise control compatibility question.....

Old 08-21-2003, 03:45 PM
c3vettelover
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control compatibility question.....

I just changed my worn out tilt/tele column in my 78 with what I presume to be a slightly newer one. Pretty straight forward swap. However......there ALWAYS seems to be a however, the cruise does not work correctly. :banghead:

Bear in mind the cruise unit was by-passed with a single cable when I got the car, so I don't even know if it's any good. I replaced the single cable with 2 new ones. When you switch the slider on the turn signal to "on" all is fine. Press the little button and hang on......because it's like steppin' on the gas! (not real extreme). It just keeps accelerating. Pressing the "accel" slider forward yields the same results. Step on the brake or switch it to "off" and it dis-engages. So here's the main question.....

Mine originally had JUST a button on the end of the turn signal shaft, the newer one has a slider. Are these compatible? Is this an issue? Same connector, same amount of wires. Seemed like a no brainer. Could it just be the cruise unit is actually bad and this is why it was by-passed to begin with? :confused:

Thanks in advance..... :steering:
Old 08-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Crash80
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Cruise control compatibility question..... (c3vettelover)

Try this link. It may contain answers that you are looking for.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~eaztl1/...leshooting.htm

TheoUK created this and is a forum member. If you have any issues not covered I bet he can help you out.

CVT4ME :cheers:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cruise control compatibility question.....