C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about the GF432 fuel filter

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 04:31 PM
hudman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about the GF432 fuel filter

It was my understanding that the filter has to be positioned so that the return is coming out of the top. Logic will tell you this, and this is how the fuel filter would fit in the steel line set up with the curved return line.

However, the one I just got from Dr. Rebuild has the Arrow screen printed the wrong way. In other words, it would suggest that the return line would need to be pointing down in order for the fuel to flow the way that the arrow is pointed.

Is the arrow wrong?

[Modified by hudman, 4:42 PM 8/20/2003]
Old 08-20-2003, 04:53 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: Question about the GF432 fuel filter (hudman)

The short story: The fuel inlet is the single side. this screws into the fuel line that goes to the fuel pump. The OUTLET side has the 2 fittings. The screw-in fitting goes to your carb. The skinny one goes to your fuel return line. Ignore any incorrect arrows or print on the filter itself.

Longer story: I got a GF432 from an autoparts supplier a few years ago that had the word "OUTLET" scribed on the inlet side of the filter. I emailed AC Delco about this. They have all these warnings out there about counterfeit parts, so I figured with an obvious error like that I probably had a counterfeit. About a month later they emailed a reply that was essentially, "Gee, we knew there were some defective filters made like that but we thought we caught them all.... guess that one slipped by.. " But the filter itself is supposedly ok... Oh, and it is also scribed "MADE IN USA".. the dummies!!! :( MJ

[Modified by MNJack, 5:21 PM 8/20/2003]
Old 08-20-2003, 05:04 PM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Question about the GF432 fuel filter (MNJack)

Also, .... The new ones are too big in diameter to fit the old bracket.. There is also one that has the wrong threads. Check you E-mail for a picture of the old and new.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:30 PM
hudman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question about the GF432 fuel filter (bluevetteman)

Thanks-I thought the arrow was facing the wrong way.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:32 PM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Question about the GF432 fuel filter (hudman)

They must've let more than just a few get by--I got two with the wrong markings about a year ago.

JB
Old 08-20-2003, 08:39 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

The best excuse for mine that I heard was (fortunately not from AC Delco) that it says "OUTLET" on that side because that is the side facing your fuel pump outlet! :lol: sheeeeesh!!!! :) MJ

Get notified of new replies

To Question about the GF432 fuel filter

Quick Reply: Question about the GF432 fuel filter