C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let the super mods begin! (long and a little ot till the end)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 03:57 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Let the super mods begin! (long and a little ot till the end)

I live in an historic district in a less then historic house and was planning on pretty much gutting the thing and replacing everything. I have been procrastinating going to the historic district board meeting to get the process going and finally went last night. They pretty much vetoed 2 of the 4 things I want to do so I am goin going to leave the outside alone (f up windows and old alum siding :U ) and convert it back to 2 apartments at considerable less expense to me. I really wanted to make it nice for both myself and the neighborhood but somtimes people loose site of what is good in the long run. They wanted me to keep this crappy little awning that is for the converted front door (the orig front porch was converted to family) and also said I could not use the siding I wanted, had to stay with what ever was underneath the alum siding which prolly need all the lead based paint removed or replace with like afte tearing both layers off. I hate the look of 'restored' siding unles you strip it all the way down and repair it fully (ain't happenin'), kinda like spit shining a turd IMHO. My neighborhood is going through a VERY slow rebirth so I feel anyone who wants to improve their home to look good and somewhat fit in should have latitude. Some people loose site of the big picture for silly details. :rolleyes: Feel sorry for neighbors who have sunk a ton of $ into their house, mine will stay an eye sore for years to come and make me a little money to boot.

Soooooo instead of spending $30k to $40k I'll only be spending $5k which leaves plenty for the toys and maybe a business opportunity.
:cheers:
Old 08-20-2003, 06:54 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: Let the super mods begin! (Fevre)

If I lived outside of town, I would have to get the town council's agreement to remove a tree, change the paint colour outside, add a small addition, pave a driveway, virtually anything one would want to do to either the grounds or the dwellings.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:38 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Let the super mods begin! (gdh)

More carbs and cams he he :D

Get notified of new replies

To Let the super mods begin! (long and a little ot till the end)

Quick Reply: Let the super mods begin! (long and a little ot till the end)