C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I should have found out price first

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 11:20 AM
guppie
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Default I should have found out price first

I was at a cruise-in the other night and a gentleman asked if I would be interested in selling my car. I just flat said no like a dummy. I should have at least heard him out. Shoot everything I have is for sale at the right price. If for no other reason to find out what someone else thinks it's worth. Next time I'll try to hear them out. :banghead: :cheers:
Old 08-20-2003, 11:31 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: I should have found out price first (guppie)

I'm a firm believer in "If you ask a stupid question, I'll give you a stupid answer" response. :lol: I've anticipated that question and already have an answer. If some stupid guy wants to buy my Vette on the spot, I'll take $20K with the SB. With the BB? $27. Unrealistic I know, but it'll shut them up, or I'll have made a nice profit. :lol:

Money talks and BS walks. :thumbs:
Old 08-20-2003, 12:01 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Default Re: I should have found out price first (1970 Stingray)

Some days I feel like selling it for a case of beer...you know those days, when everything blows up at once!!! :mad

...but those days are pretty rare...I usually tell people the first million takes it! They get the point pretty quickly :smash:

Old 08-20-2003, 12:02 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: I should have found out price first (AGVI)

Some guy asked me about my 67 firebird vert I told him just doubling the money I had in it and he bought it :cheers:
Old 08-20-2003, 03:02 PM
dath
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I should have found out price first (AGVI)

Some days I feel like selling it for a case of beer...you know those days, when everything blows up at once!!! :mad

...but those days are pretty rare...I usually tell people the first million takes it! They get the point pretty quickly :smash:
These days it feels like asking for a case of beer is a bit steep for my car... :rolleyes: Damn I sure wish I could remember what it was like to drive her!
Old 08-21-2003, 10:15 AM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,475 Likes on 767 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Everything in my life is for sale......I love my stuff, but I can always get another if someone makes the right offer. I always tell them to make an offer. Most give you some silly low ball number. There are people though (one in our club) who will buy at a good number, if the person wants to sell.

I someone offers me 5k+ more then the value of my car because he wants it; it's sold. My house the same way. I love it, but if someone wants to give me 50k+ more than its value; we're moving!

Put it this way, if a lending institution said they need you 20k today with a guarantee of a 5k return within a week would you do it? I know I would. Corvettes are so common, you can buy another one to your liking with weeks.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:05 PM
Robert N
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: I should have found out price first (gliot1)

Everything in my life is for sale......I love my stuff, but I can always get another if someone makes the right offer. I always tell them to make an offer. Most give you some silly low ball number. There are people though (one in our club) who will buy at a good number, if the person wants to sell.

I someone offers me 5k+ more then the value of my car because he wants it; it's sold. My house the same way. I love it, but if someone wants to give me 50k+ more than its value; we're moving!

Put it this way, if a lending institution said they need you 20k today with a guarantee of a 5k return within a week would you do it? I know I would. Corvettes are so common, you can buy another one to your liking with weeks.
:iagree: Everything has a price. If someone is willing to pay it, I'll sell.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:20 PM
Black68Vette
Pro

Default Re: I should have found out price first (Alwyn678)

Some guy asked me about my 67 firebird vert I told him just doubling the money I had in it and he bought it :cheers:
Wow, that would be really something here.. thinking about what some of the forum members have into their cars that is :jester
Old 08-22-2003, 12:02 AM
Marc80
Racer

Unfortunately, with materials alone I have probably exceeded market value. Hot car though - when it comes back from the &*(%^&#$($ body shop.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:09 AM
DMONSVETTE
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: I should have found out price first (Marc80)

Here them out next time and if the price is too low don't take it as an insult, just take it that the person has no idea what things cost or are worth.
You could end up getting lucky. By the way, very nice looking Vette.
:seeya

[Modified by DMONSVETTE, 1:10 AM 8/22/2003]
Old 08-22-2003, 03:02 AM
standup
Drifting

I really like my car, but I'm not chained to it.....for the right money she'd go west.....I've had quite a few tire kickers and dreamers ask the same question......but I've always given respect first and heard them out.......you never know.....cash in the hand is worth another Vette in the bush.....

Get notified of new replies

To I should have found out price first

Quick Reply: I should have found out price first