C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Runs on Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 08:25 PM
Ratty82
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Runs on Sunday

Dead on Monday!
Drove the 82 on Sunday and it ran fine. Went to swap cars on Monday to take it to work and it doesn't start. Cranks like mad, but no fire.
The last time this happened, the 25A fuse by the battery went out. Swapped out the fuse and it started that time. No luck yesterday.
Any suggestions? Ignition module?

Tony
Old 08-20-2003, 02:05 AM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Runs on Sunday (Ratty82)

Im not sure what that 20A fuse is all protecting, but what I have been able to trace it from is this fuse is connected to the "junction block" located in the ECM storage hatch in the rear compartment. It has then an orange wire going to the ECM, the fuel pump relay, and oil pressure switch.

My method would be to trace the the low buck items first:
1)Fuel pump relay is located in drivers rear compartment. You can check for power at your fuel pump fuse to see if its working properly. It is a when in doubt, swap it out item.
2)The oil pressure switch, located on the rear of the engine block-drivers side of distributor, allows power to go to the fuel pump if oil pressure above 4 psi is present. You can check for power coming out or listen to your fuel pump to hear if it is operating.
3)The ECM is the last thing to swap out if all else fails. I think you can get them ordered up at your local parts store.

Good luck Brent....
Old 08-20-2003, 01:39 PM
IGTMYKX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Runs on Sunday (Ratty82)

Sounds like what happened to me. Drove it Saturday, would crank but not start Sunday. Ignition module was bad on the low rpm side. Pull the module and take to a parts store (I went to Advance Auto), They can test the module to see if that is the problem. New module was $13.77.

Pull a spark plug wire and check for spark

[Modified by IGTMYKX, 1:40 PM 8/20/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Runs on Sunday

Quick Reply: Runs on Sunday