C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gonna be moving to Rock Springs AR, anyone live near there?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 05:59 PM
88'Cubka
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Gonna be moving to Rock Springs AR, anyone live near there?

Will be there for about....8ish months helping to build the power plant. I'm bringing my vette. Would be really cool to meet some more people from the forum.

David
:cheers:
Old 08-19-2003, 08:50 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Gonna be moving to Rock Springs AR, anyone live near there? (88'Cubka)

David,

I don't live in Arkansas but my mother's side of the family lived just north(Gould & Dumas) of where you will be and I have been up that way many times over the years. Have you researched where you will be? Not too many towns of any size around with I think Pine Bluff as the largest town of any size. Take the time while you are there to go to Greers Ferry Lake(Eureka Springs) in the Ozarks. A really pretty lake that I have land on. And Hot Springs is a great tourist spot with Lake Hamilton. The part of Arkansas you will be in is pretty desolate and kind of backwards. Hopefully no one takes that wrong.

And if you have a long weekend go take the tour of Branson, Missouri and Table Rock Lake that is right outside of it. Branson is like a mini Vegas with shows galore for the just about anyone.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:14 PM
L48Shark
Burning Brakes

Location: If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a veteran.
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Re: Gonna be moving to Rock Springs AR, anyone live near there? (bgrice)

Which Rock Springs, AR? There are 3!!! :crazy::confused::crazy: Let me know and I will tell you what I know about the area.

Take the time while you are there to go to Greers Ferry Lake(Eureka Springs) in the Ozarks. A really pretty lake that I have land on.
Clarification: Eureka Springs, in the Ozarks, is near Beaver Lake. Greers Ferry Lake is dammed in Heber Springs in central Arkansas, which is where my wife was raised. And yes, it is quite a beautiful lake. :cheers:
Old 08-19-2003, 11:27 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Gonna be moving to Rock Springs AR, anyone live near there? (L48Shark)

L48Shark...

Thanks for the correction. It's actually Fairfield Bay, Ark that I have property. Been something like 15 years since I have been back that way.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:51 PM
L48Shark
Burning Brakes

Location: If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a veteran.
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Re: Gonna be moving to Rock Springs AR, anyone live near there? (bgrice)

It's actually Fairfield Bay, Ark that I have property.
OK, that would be Greers Ferry Lake. As mentioned, very nice and very clean lake. If you go swimming at night by a full moon, you can look down and see your feet at the bottom. :cool:
Old 08-20-2003, 01:46 AM
88'Cubka
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

Default Re: Gonna be moving to Rock Springs AR, anyone live near there? (L48Shark)

30 miles south of Little Rock. :)

Looking at renting a place on Lake Hamilton. I'm in shock on how cheap it is to rent house's right on the lake there. 650 a month for a 3 bed 2 bath house w/ garage. You can't get a 1 bed, 1 bath apt in the getto here in Reno for that. lol

Have my car loaded onto the trailer now. Still have to pack clothes, leaving tomrrow morning. :)

Oh, and I hope that I'll get a "long weekend." Working anywhere for 40-80 hours a week might hinder that. :)

Well have fun, I'll check this when I get there and have my computer set up.

David
Old 08-20-2003, 07:08 AM
Arkansas Flash
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Gonna be moving to Rock Springs AR, anyone live near there? (88'Cubka)

Welcome to Arkansas 88'Cubka. I live in Van Buren which is in the northwest corner of the state while you will be living in the center of the state. I want to tell you about one of the greatest Corvette events in this part of the country. It's the 13th Annual Eureka Springs Corvette Weekend. It is on October 2nd through the 5th in Eureka Springs, AR. Eureka Springs is one of the neatest towns in Arkansas. We usually have close to 1000 Corvettes there and a lot to do besides a car show. We have a poker run, fuel economy run, moonlight cruise, autocross, seminars, road tours, etc. We will probably have a place for all the forum members to get together too. If you'd like a brochure on it, just send me an e-mail.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:31 AM
L48Shark
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

30 miles south of Little Rock. :)

Looking at renting a place on Lake Hamilton. I'm in shock on how cheap it is to rent house's right on the lake there. 650 a month for a 3 bed 2 bath house w/ garage. You can't get a 1 bed, 1 bath apt in the getto here in Reno for that. lol

Have my car loaded onto the trailer now. Still have to pack clothes, leaving tomrrow morning. :)

Oh, and I hope that I'll get a "long weekend." Working anywhere for 40-80 hours a week might hinder that. :)

Well have fun, I'll check this when I get there and have my computer set up.

David
Ah, ha. Definitely not my neighborhood as I live in the extreme northwest of the state. You will definitely want to make the trek to Eureka Springs in October. You will not regret it. Very cool show, and quite popular these days. I know there are a lot of Vettes in Little Rock, but I am not familar with their club(s).

As for your rent, I like to remind my brother, who lives on the upper east side of NYC, that his 300 square foot apartment rent (read: no equity) rivals my 2400 square foot house mortgage, never mind I also have a 2-car garage, large lot with privacy fence, and no shared walls. Amazing. But, he does have a lot of things we don't have. There are always trade-offs. :)

BTW, which car are you bringing? Both?
Old 08-30-2003, 06:56 PM
88'Cubka
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

Default Re: Gonna be moving to Rock Springs AR, anyone live near there?

Hey guys,

Sorry I havn't responded, no computer in AR right this moment. I was wrong the Rock Springs, it's Hot Springs. We are renting a house in Diamond head which we will get into on tuesday. I am in Nebraska now for the holiday to visit my grandfather. I'll keep posted once I get some internet in the house.

David
Old 08-30-2003, 10:28 PM
L48Shark
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I was wrong the Rock Springs, it's Hot Springs.
Hot Springs? Hey, not bad. My club cruises there from time to time to go bet the ponies and otherwise have some fun. You should enjoy yourself there, much more than if you were in Rock Springs. :lol: :cheers:
Old 08-31-2003, 09:50 PM
88'Cubka
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

If you guys come down in the next 8 months or so, send me a message and I will meet up with ya. I don't know what the betting age is here, so maybe I can come out and have a nice day/weekend with ya guys!

David :cheers:
Old 09-01-2003, 10:19 AM
L48Shark
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

If you guys come down in the next 8 months or so, send me a message and I will meet up with ya. I don't know what the betting age is here, so maybe I can come out and have a nice day/weekend with ya guys!

David :cheers:
Sure will. Betting age should be 18, but anyone should be able to get into the track to hang out. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Gonna be moving to Rock Springs AR, anyone live near there?

Quick Reply: Gonna be moving to Rock Springs AR, anyone live near there?