C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having a problem with CenterForce clutch installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 12:06 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Having a problem with CenterForce clutch installation

Mechanic just called and said CenterForce DF clutch is in but he can't get it in gear, meaning the clutch won't disengage. I have heard of problems others were having with CF clutches and some had to install a different longer/adjustable pivot *****.

Any help here would be appriciated
Old 08-19-2003, 12:11 PM
Marks69BB
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Having a problem with CenterForce clutch installation (MotorHead)

You need the adjustable pivot ball made by Lakewood and available from Summit or Jegs. You'll want to have your mechanic weld it once it is adjusted properly so it doesn't move. Do a search for more info on it.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wayne

Have him read the orange card which outlines the correct pivot stud geometry and measurements, you will have problems unless he gets is right. An adj pivot stud is the the way to go, use lock tight on the base and I used JB weld on the threads of the actual stud part. The nut that comes with the adj stud can come loose. You can drive it without the adj stud but you have to move the pivot assembly at the end of the clutch rod all the way to end of the rod.

I HIGHLY RECOMEND YOU REQUEST THE ADJ PIVOT STUD AND HAVE THE ORANGE CARD INSTRUCTIONS FOLLOWED TO AVOID HAVING TO PULL IT AND REDO IT LIKE I DID.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:22 PM
TotallySmoked
Intermediate

I am in the process of removing my transmission & bellhousing to adjust my pivot ball. I did not follow the instructions regarding the new pivot ball and therefor now have to do all this. It is a major pain in the butt getting the transmission and bellhousing out with the engine in the car, lot's of crap to remove first. I couldn't get the car in gear either, nor would it move at all.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:40 PM
BB wowbagger
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Having a problem with CenterForce clutch installation (TotallySmoked)

Normally,the instructions is the first thing to go in the trashcan.Tje problem is when you are out of ideas how to hook the stuff up,you`ll have to dig it out of the trashcan to find out that the text is unreadable due to a heavily oildrenched rag.. :banghead: :banghead: :cheers:
Old 08-19-2003, 02:01 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: Having a problem with CenterForce clutch installation (BB wowbagger)

I am pretty sure that we installed the longer pivot ball last summer, make sure you have him read that accompaying orange sheet as it will tell you based on your trans. which one you need.

Get notified of new replies

To Having a problem with CenterForce clutch installation

Quick Reply: Having a problem with CenterForce clutch installation