C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did anyone see the Keisler overdrive upgrade in Corvette Fever?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 10:21 PM
RMVette
Race Director

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Default Did anyone see the Keisler overdrive upgrade in Corvette Fever?

Several previous post about the Keisler's 5 speed tranny for C3's so I hope this isn't a :_dupe: . I went to their website and it list for $2899.00. Looks pretty nice since the shifter stays in the right position. Their website also says they'll be at Carlisle. Wish I was going this year because I'd check them out. According to their chart in CF, with a 3.56 rear and 2500 rpm you'd be cruising at 80 mph! I could talk over that! (According to my records my L46 has a 3.55 rear, I think.) The article didn't say if you had to cut the cross member to install like you have to do for a ROD. Anyway if you want to check them out on their website, it's http://www.keislerauto.com/gm/transm...ette_68-82.asp :seeya
Old 08-19-2003, 09:34 PM
BB68Vett
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Did anyone see the Keisler overdrive upgrade in Corvette Fever? (RMVette)

I did read the article. You're right they didn't mention the crossmember issues, if there were any. They also didn't mention the price.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:44 AM
rponfick
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 88 Posts

Default Re: Did anyone see the Keisler overdrive upgrade in Corvette Fever? (RMVette)

I just ordered one from them. The crossmember does not need to be touched. You get a new tranny mount, but it supposedly bolts to existing crossmember. I have a 4.11 rearend and that is the only concern I have. Also, my body is off the frame, so installation should be a snap. It looks like a bitch with the body on. You have to hook up the clutch after the tranny and bellhousing are up under the car. There are also some comments about the front yoke not having removable ball joints, which makes future maintenance a question.

Get notified of new replies

To Did anyone see the Keisler overdrive upgrade in Corvette Fever?

Quick Reply: Did anyone see the Keisler overdrive upgrade in Corvette Fever?