C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of Holley mod is this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 09:05 PM
Chris69
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of Holley mod is this?

Holley 3310-3. I was getting nowhere trying to match this number to my carb. Then I realized why..... There must have been a reason behind it? :smash:

Old 08-17-2003, 09:37 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Default Re: What kind of Holley mod is this? (Chris81)

Ho! Ho! Ho! No air horn no list number maybe? :lolg: Can I say homemade stub-stack? Or just less restriction? :rolleyes:
Old 08-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Chris69
Burning Brakes

Default Re: What kind of Holley mod is this? (cardo0)

Yeah, the list # was there (the 3310-3), but when I tried to look it up, it just didn't look like my carb at all! Talk about driving me :crazy:
Old 08-17-2003, 11:31 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Chris I'm look'n at two pictures of a 3310 and they both look like yours (except they still have their choke). Both are dual feed with center hung bowls and vacuum secondary.
0-3310-2 through 0-3310-6 are all 4160 models and all have the same jetting, metering plates, venturi size for 750 cfm. Just note the 0-3310-1 is a 4150 model using a secondary metering block – which I can see yours doesn’t have.
I imagine that’s about right for a hot 400” motor. May need to give it a couple of slow pumps for a shot to get started without a choke.
BTW the Holley rebuilt kit # is 37-754 and the Trick Kit # is 37-933.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:25 AM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

air horn is milled to increase the CFM (Air Flow)...that mod should give you about 10-15 more CFM. If you turn your carb over and see 172 stamped on the bottom of the throttle blades, that will indicated it's a 3310.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:03 PM
Chris69
Burning Brakes

Default Re: What kind of Holley mod is this? (cardo0)

Here's the response I got from the previous owner regarding the carb mods. So with the missing choke and housing, am I screwed and is it time for something new? It isn't very gas friendly with the Torker II and all.... but I don't want to sacrifice performance just to save a bit of gas (if that's all I'm likely to face).

"The carb was modified basically to run smooth with the engine combination.
Small modifications are the power valve has been removed, and the spring cut and weakened so the back barrels come in smooth under acceleration. The rear barrels probably could use more jet, the spring weakened more, the steel ball removed from the vacuum port that goes to the diaphragm, larger squirters installed as well."
Old 08-18-2003, 08:45 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,924 Likes on 1,930 Posts

Chris -
The milled airhorn is a reasonable mod for a street car, but the removed power valve is not. If you remove the power valve from a Holley, you have to increase the main jet size by about 4-6 sizes. This makes the carb only suitable for wide open throttle performance, and it will absolutely kill your gas mileage. Also, there are some very light springs available for the secondary diaphragm, so there is no need to be cutting and trimming springs - just install the right one.

I'd really suggest you tear that carb down and bring it back to its stock specs. Then start doing a little bit of tuning from there. I'll bet you can make it run a heck of a lot better than the setup you have there right now. I'll be more than glad to give you some assistance if you want to do a little work yourself.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:05 PM
Chris69
Burning Brakes

Default Re: What kind of Holley mod is this? (lars)

Lars... I was hoping you'd run across this thread. I sorta figured this one would curl your toes! :lol: I'll be tackling this myself, so I appreciate the assistance offer. :yesnod:

So I take it that with big jets and no power valve and a single plane manifold, my idle quality should be a little poor - as it is? It feels like I've got a bigger cam than it's got.

My friend Hudman mentioned you just rebuilt his Qjet. His car was running pretty bad (poor idle and low end response) and the carb is the last thing left on his 'to try' list. I'm sure he's looking forward to getting it installed!

:cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To What kind of Holley mod is this?

Quick Reply: What kind of Holley mod is this?