C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Block Hooker Side Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 12:24 PM
Silver73LS4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Block Hooker Side Exhaust

I need some help from the forum! When I bought my 73 years ago, It came with chrome Hooker side exhaust. At the time it seemed a little too 70's for me so I decided I did not want to use it and took it off the car, opened up the quarter panels and replaced the rear exhaust panel. A few months back, inspired by the forum, I pulled out the old Hookers to blow the dust off and see what kind of shape they are in. They looked pretty good overall and after a few minutes with some 000 steel wool, I was reasonably impressed. The chrome on the top & front surfaces of the headers looks nice, some blueing but not bad, but the areas between the pipes the chrome is gone. The side pipes have some small pits here and there but look overall pretty good.
After careful consideration, I decided I do not want to un-do the work I did on the body& paint so I will not be using the ehxaust after all. I was wondering what a fair price is for them. I know I need to post some pictures to sell them but what are they worth? I will put the money toward rims & tires or other parts I still need. What do you guys think?
Thanks Keith
Old 08-18-2003, 04:26 AM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Big Block Hooker Side Exhaust (Silver73LS4)

depends......whatever someone is willing to pay....all you can do is establish a price, if you get no response, then the price is too high.

Another option, list the headers for highest offer and give a time frame.

Quick Reply: Big Block Hooker Side Exhaust