C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Conditioning Recharging

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 11:02 PM
RMS73
Melting Slicks

Received 368 Likes on 217 Posts

Default Air Conditioning Recharging

My late '73 AC compressor is equipped with a '74 inlet/outlet block. This block has the schrader fitting located on the left side port, as viewed from the back. This port I believe is the suction line to the compressor from the VIR. The right block port goes to the front of the radiator to the condenser. The VIR has a schrader fitting on the top. Both fittings are the same thread. As I understand the AC system the high pressure side, many years ago, had a smaller schrader fitting so as not to get the high and low pressure connections mixed up.

Anyway the question at hand is how to I measure the high pressure side of the refrigerent system, or is that even necessary? I have been told to measure both the high and low pressures to ensure that the system is working properly.
Roger
Old 08-14-2003, 11:09 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Air Conditioning Recharging (RMS73)

True, to get a complete grasp on whats going on in the system both pressures need to be measured. But the suction(low side) is all you need to charge. Adapters can be bought to connect to the "funny" fitting.

Quick Reply: Air Conditioning Recharging