C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 10:32 PM
Neil Palmer
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette Pulleys

I am currently rebuilding 350 motor out of ’78 Vette.
I am not sure whether the current pulley arrangement on the engine is correct as the water pump and power steering may have been replaced during the life of the vehicle.

The pulleys we currently have are as follows: -
- 1 x 3 row WATER PUMP PULLEY OE P/N 3881869 DF, has an O.D. of 6 5/16” and Depth of 2 11/16”, Pilot Hole 5/8”.
- 1 x 2 row CRANK PULLEY OE P/N 3850838 BG, has O.D. of 7 3/16” and Depth of 1 3/16”.
- 1 x 1 row ADD ON CRANK PULLEY OE P/N 3751232BB GM, has O.D. of 6 ¾” and Depth of 1 7/8”.

I am assuming that this motor was originally manufactured with an air pump and power steering, hence the extra rows on pulleys.

I have purchased an Edelbrock water pump P/N ED 8812, which has a block to flange dimension of 5 13/16” and runs a ¾” pilot shaft for durability. Edelbrock specifically make this pump for Corvettes fitted with small blocks 71-82.

Can you advise me what pulleys I need to use to suit the water pump ED8812?
Are there aftermarket pulleys available to suit my application, e.g. single row water pump pulley to run alternator and twin row crank alternator/water pump + Power steering ?

Could you also advise which routes the ancillary belts were designed to run originally ?

I'd appreciate any help.
Regards,
Neil.

Quick Reply: Corvette Pulleys