C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oner-Heating Part II

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 04:57 PM
Tonwoo28
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oner-Heating Part II

Checked the thermostat in boiling water. It took a rolling boil to get it to open, so I purchased a new 180 stat. Drove her to work today with temps well below 200. In fact, this is the lowest I've ever seen it run. I think I'm seeing the effects of the Stewart Water Pump. I find it strange to have a thermostat fail within 2 - 3 months after install. Although, replacing it with the water pump install was suggested. The only other thing were today's temps - mid to upper 80s. Not quite as hot as it usually is, therefore my true engine temp may be off a bit. It's still lower than I've ever seen it. Thanks for everyone's help. By-the-way, does anyone no the actual temp reading for each slash on the guage? 80' L-48

Tony
Old 08-14-2003, 09:01 PM
stpman
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Oner-Heating Part II (Tonwoo28)

Not uncommon. I had 3 FailSafe thermostats fail within the first month of installing the in a Buick V6 daily Driver. I switched to a standard Stant stat and it was fine.

Steve :steering:

Quick Reply: Oner-Heating Part II