C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No. VA Corvette Club Concours 2003 CANCELLED due to...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 02:51 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

Default IMPORTANT NOTICE: No. VA Corvette Club Concours 2003 CANCELLED due to...

Bad news on the doorstep...due to Koon's Chevrolet backing out of their committment to our club, the 2003 Concours Show that was going to be held 21 Septemeber at the Dulles Expo Center has been Cancelled. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Koon's General Manager, Alex, advised the president of the NVCC the funds to support sponsorship was not included in the budget for this year. So Koon's cannot support the show :bs :bs

So Koon's waits 34 days before the show date to tell us this, after all year they have been telling us they would sponsor us again. The club has spent money, time, and most of all notified many people about the show with registrations being received daily.

As far as I am concerned (MY OPINION ONLY) I would NEVER buy a car from such a dealer that pulls this :bs to a club who is PROMOTING THEM.

Sorry I have to Vent Somplace as I was the Concours Chairperson....

Sorry guys no show this year...for those who have sent registration we will send them back...... I will keep you posted
Old 08-14-2003, 03:11 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: No. VA Corvette Club Concours 2003 CANCELLED due to... (EBVette)

There's not another dealership around that will sponsor it in their place?

BTW: I would send a strongly-worded letter to the GM regional office. This is bad PR -- at its worst. Perhaps let the local media know, too. Write a press release.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:59 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: No. VA Corvette Club Concours 2003 CANCELLED due to... (page62)

:iagree: There is a local chevy dealer in our area plagued by the same problem, BAD MANAGEMENT. :bs Very sorry to hear for you guys sake.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:00 PM
RMVette
Race Director

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Default Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: No. VA Corvette Club Concours 2003 CANCELLED due to... (EBVette)

I know how frustrating it is. I've been part of a committee that is trying to put on an event here in Charlotte NC on September 26, 27, 28. For the past year we've been meeting. We haven't had sponsorship problems, just really low attendance. I hope ours will fly. Sorry to hear about yours. Maybe you can do it next year. :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To IMPORTANT NOTICE: No. VA Corvette Club Concours 2003 CANCELLED due to...

Quick Reply: IMPORTANT NOTICE: No. VA Corvette Club Concours 2003 CANCELLED due to...