C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Chrome Bumper help needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 11:49 AM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Front Chrome Bumper help needed

Just got my brand new front chrome bumper. Old one had 4 bolts holding it in. One on each corner and 2 in the middle. . With the old bumper off, I checked out the way it was mounted. The bolts on the corners seemed like crab eyes. What I mean is that I could grab the head and make the rest of the bolt point up, down, sideways etc. while the bolt was still through the holes in the fenders. Geez I hope that makes scense. The 2 middle bolts adjust up, and down, perhaps a bit side to side and had a shim back installed on each bolt.

Was the old bumper correctly mounted?

I put the new bumper on and it does not seem to fit right. (not that the old one particularly well either)

It seems that it sticks out to far by about 1/2" to 3/4". (I could remove some of the shims by opening up the shim pack) and the drivers side is a bit higher then the passenger side. The bumper lines up perfect on a known flat surface, so I know its straight. I don't see ANY signs the front was wrecked or repaired.

So in summary, what is the procedure to adjust the chrome, and, does anyone have close up pictures of what a properly mounted front chrome bumper should look like?

Thanks a ton!!

Quick Reply: Front Chrome Bumper help needed