C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where should I buy ring & pinion from for the '82?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 06:51 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Where should I buy ring & pinion from for the '82?

Last week, I asked for opinions on putting 3.73s behind the 3.06:1 first gear of he 700R4 (a majority said 'DO IT!'), and I thank you for your opinions. :thumbs:
This week's question: Where to purchase the 3.73s from? I have the '80-'82 style housing (see sig), which differs from the '79-and-earlier housing. I can get 12-bolt parts for my Z28 anywhere (SUMMIT, neighborhood pimp, Wal-Mart,....), but 'who' carries Corvette parts, and actually 'knows' what they're selling? :confused:
Additionally, besides the ring & pinion, 'what else' do I need (the same guy who does my 12-bolts {30+ years of differential experience on hot-rods and Vettes} will do the swap)? When we 'do' the 12-bolt, it's just a ring, pinion, and a few 'small' parts. Will the rear-end in my '82 (a DANA44, I think? ) need a list of 'additional' parts, or even a complete over-haul? This is my very first Vette, and he's not sure he's tinkered with aluminum-housings in C3s before :skep:
Thanks in advance for your help, AND for your patience,..... GLEN!!! :chevy :chevy :chevy
Old 08-13-2003, 07:51 PM
PatG
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Where should I buy ring & pinion from for the '82? (Glensgages)

One source is:

http://www.richmondgear.com/catalog.html

Look at the pdf link for "Dana 44"

Quick Reply: Where should I buy ring & pinion from for the '82?