C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door pillar weatherstrip question

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Door pillar weatherstrip question

I am installing new weatherstripping on my 78 vette. I removed it over 3 years ago so my memory is not up to the task...
There is 2 clips on the metal pillar, I can get the weatherstrip under the big one but not under the smaller one. Can someone show me some pic of the door strip on there vette?
Is my small side bent down from storage or what. In the last picture, The small clip is broke off my passenger side so no help there. What is the purpose of them anyway.
Thanks for any help
Neil in Tenn

[Modified by Nomad78SA, 9:47 PM 8/12/2003]
Old 08-13-2003, 12:59 AM
FeedVaal
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Door pillar weatherstrip question (Nomad78SA)

I found those small clips on mine were only there to **** me off. They are no longer part of that assembly. The large clip on the passenger side was half rusted through so it went adios also. I still have the large clip on the drivers side however and I find it very useful for rattling against the window when it is slightly down. I have found no other use for it as the passenger side works fine without it and is less noisy.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:08 PM
wbarkley
Intermediate

Default Re: Door pillar weatherstrip question (Nomad78SA)

I'm pretty sure those are there to keep the window from rattling when in the up position. I recently re-did mine and replaced these two clips on each side.

I used a flat screwdriver to work the weatherstripping into the clips while the adhesive was still taking a set. It wasn't easy and I had to work quickly, but it came out OK.

Now if I can only get the windows adjusted properly. What a pain!
Old 08-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Default Re: Door pillar weatherstrip question (wbarkley)

Can someone post a pic of this so I can see how the smaller one should fit on the weatherstrip. I am afraid I am going to rip it the way it is now.
Neil in Tenn

Get notified of new replies

To Door pillar weatherstrip question

Quick Reply: Door pillar weatherstrip question