C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What books should I get to restore my C3 ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 03:51 PM
stingraymax
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default What books should I get to restore my C3 ??

Hi group,

I am going to restore my 75 vette but can somebody tell me what books could be a help for me ?
Because there are so many books out there, but what is the best and clearest detailed on how to take apart/put together everything.

Any help is welcome,
Thanks... :steering:
Old 08-12-2003, 03:55 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: What books should I get to restore my C3 ?? (stingraymax)

Books are always good but they can never replace this forum. I suggest you just do searches here for the topics you are interested in. Other than that I would suggest any book that teaches the basics of Chevy small blocks. (doesn't have to be vette specific)

:cheers:
Old 08-12-2003, 04:02 PM
Milest
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: What books should I get to restore my C3 ?? (77Dream)

Two great "must have" books are the Chevrolet service manual and a assembly manual for your year car. Both available from vendors.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:48 PM
BlueL36
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Default Re: What books should I get to restore my C3 ?? (stingraymax)

I lucked into this (as many others have, I'm sure) and will pass it on to you and others who read this thread. This isn't my article, I cut and pasted from www.corvettefaq.com/C3/restoration.html I got all of it in about 3 weeks and it is good (and free) reference and reading material.
________________________________________ _____
Free Restoration Package
from corvetteforum.com member 45ACP
"Restoration Package for your Corvette from GM/Chevrolet! Call the Chevrolet Customer Assistance hotline at (800) 222-1020 or 810-696-4800. You will need to supply the VIN of the car. If your Vette was originally registered in Canada, you will have to call GM of Canada at (800) 263-3777. GM-Canda wants $40.00 plus tax for the restoration package, so try the US number first. I got mine last year. The stuff I got consists of good quality photocopies of service/maint. info, an order form for the Corvette Black Book, a dealer order guide, MVMA Specifications form, another rather extensive specifications reference published by GM and a 1/4" thick listing of official GM Restoration Parts suppliers. All told, about 100 double-sided pages. The young lady I spoke with last year didn't quite know what I was talking about when I requested the Restoration Package, but after a few seconds of keyboard clicking sounds she found it and walked me down through a list of questions (name, address, VIN, etc). She told me 6-8 weeks to deliver, but I remember it only being a week or so. Yes, it is free. Free phone call, free restoration package, they even covered the postage.
All you have to do is call, answer a few questions, then go out by your mailbox and wait."

Old 08-12-2003, 05:19 PM
wcsinx
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts

Default Re: What books should I get to restore my C3 ?? (Milest)

Two great "must have" books are the Chevrolet service manual and a assembly manual for your year car. Both available from vendors.
:iagree: I have to get those at some point.

So far I've been getting by with a Chilton's, a Hayne's, How To Rebuild Your SmallBlock Chevy and Corvette By The Numbers. That last book has been especially helpful because it has a ton of exploded diagrams which tends to be the easiest way (for me at least) to figure out how to put something back together.

Get notified of new replies

To What books should I get to restore my C3 ??

Quick Reply: What books should I get to restore my C3 ??