C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should the Forum be used for?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 09:37 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should the Forum be used for?

There has been many complaints about Off Topic stuff being posted in here, but thats not what this Poll is about.
I'm wondering if people feel that the forum should only be used to discuss repair issues, troubleshooting, and parts
OR all of that plus, to meet other Forum members and plan events with your fellow forum brothers and sisters.

[Modified by Dwayne 76, 9:38 PM 8/10/2003]
Old 08-10-2003, 09:56 PM
Guru_4_hire
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: What should the Forum be used for? (Dwayne 76)

There is also none technical C3 related information too
Old 08-10-2003, 10:23 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Corvetteforum - C3 Corvettes - What should the Forum be used for?

I assume you are referring to the C3 part of the Corvetteforum?

I think this forum should be used for the discussion of anything related to C3 corvettes, including topics that may seem only tangentially related. My favorite analogy is a gathering of friends in the garage. The conversation will naturally center on our cars, but might stray to other topics. If the conversation heads into classical music (not played on the vette radio, but in the concer hall) you might gently steer the conversation back on target, but you don't have to kick your buddy out of the garage! :lol: MJ

Old 08-10-2003, 10:25 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Default Re: (MNJack)

Well, myabe not classical but 'nutin wrong with Frank Sinatra. :hurray:
Old 08-10-2003, 10:30 PM
1house3kids0vette
Pro

As a rookie the forum is a great place to get technical and non-technical info about C3's. An ocassional OT is OK by me. :steering:
Old 08-10-2003, 10:36 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Default Re: What should the Forum be used for? (canada74)

Ya the occasional OT thing dosn't bother me either, if I don't like it I wont read it. I think though as a community we need to have social events listed here as well. This is a great resource for information for technical stuff, but also is very important for bringing like minded people together. Without having social gatherings with fellow 'vetters, who are also, thanks to the 'vette, friends there would be little point in keeping the car. It would be like owning a Fiero :jester
Old 08-10-2003, 10:51 PM
ddecart
Team Owner

Received 45 Likes on 13 Posts
SPARTAN
CI 3-4-5-6-8-9-10 Vet
CI-9 AutoX Winner
CI-3 Go Kart Champ
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Furthering my plan to take over the world! heh heh heh
Old 08-10-2003, 11:01 PM
Jack71
Drifting

Default Re: What should the Forum be used for? (ddecart)

If you can control this bunch, the rest of the world won't present a problem!
Old 08-10-2003, 11:03 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: What should the Forum be used for? (ddecart)

I agree with you Dwayne, as we talked on Saturday though the Toronto posts often do get way out of hand and start resmbling a soap or a minute to minute weather forecast more than a C3 related post, much of the posted threads could be handled by email of even phone calls for those of you who do not have to pay the long distance if so inclined.
I truly am thankful to the moderators and founders of this forum, without them many of us would be forced to hang with many of the boring old local vette clubs that seem to do more sitting than driving. Also without the forum I would never have met stellar ppl like SuperFast80, MountainMotor, GrandsportC3, Ghostrider, my heros Cyndi76 & Dwayne76, the swell guy Rag75, MotorHead ( yes I look fwd to seeing what you are adding next to your impeccable 80) Stpman - get that thing finished man, PJS, thank-you for not running my wife over at our wedding, little Mikey (1bad69) big engine small peepee or is that big peepee big engine with a penchant for photochop, :lol: , Desi - if I add a fart pipe will I gain 150 hp :lol: and many others.
When Flavio and I started this Toronto Area thing rolling about 4 /5 years ago it was just the 2 of us and now we have stepped right back and let the nebbies organise and run the show so we can be happy participants in the background. Anyway thanks mods for letting our Toronto Oddlots posts get a little long winded and very OT at times. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

[Modified by gdh, 9:21 AM 8/11/2003]

[Modified by gdh, 9:25 AM 8/11/2003]
Old 08-10-2003, 11:11 PM
Cyndi76
Instructor

Default Re: What should the Forum be used for? (gdh)

I do not see anything wrong with using the forum for ALL vette related topics. Without it, we wouldn't meet so many nice people with a similar interest. We also would miss out on special events such as the Niagara-on-the-Lake 50th Anniversary weekend, which was not advertised in our neck of the woods in Ontario.

We have met many great people and taken part in numerous cruises over the last two years, all because of the forum.

And yes, the helpful tips given by other posters when a problem arises always saves us loads of cash! For that I am extremely grateful!

:steering:
Old 08-11-2003, 12:33 AM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Default Re: What should the Forum be used for? (Cyndi76)

I do not see anything wrong with using the forum for ALL vette related topics. Without it, we wouldn't meet so many nice people with a similar interest. We also would miss out on special events such as the Niagara-on-the-Lake 50th Anniversary weekend, which was not advertised in our neck of the woods in Ontario.

We have met many great people and taken part in numerous cruises over the last two years, all because of the forum.

And yes, the helpful tips given by other posters when a problem arises always saves us loads of cash! For that I am extremely grateful!

:steering:
Smart Lady!!!

:yesnod:
Old 08-11-2003, 12:54 AM
1Bad69
Safety Car

Default Re: What should the Forum be used for? (AGVI)

this is much easier than playing phone or e-mail tag...there is no way i would call 20 guys to keep them posted on the dyno day...
Old 08-11-2003, 01:09 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: What should the Forum be used for? (1bad69)

I have learned tons of great stuff here.

From how to do a frame off, to LatinC3's baby being born. ( :blueangel: )

And Paul 79 (67) getting snowed in, to How to build and install a speaker box.

Cali77 and his terrible wreck :sad: And Jenny, trying to sell her Vette and disappearing.

GransportC3 with his adventures to Hooters and the drag strip. to OHSIXX and his never-ending search to add every goodie he can to his vette. :lol:

There's the never ending questions about power windows, leaky anything, transmissions swaps, and the crazy quest for more power Arr Arr Arr....

I like this place, leave it alone, or I'll have to come over there an smack you. :lolg:
Old 08-11-2003, 01:12 AM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Doesn't bother me one little bit if a group of members from a particular region starts a post about an event that obviously concerns only their small group. :) MJ
Old 08-11-2003, 03:12 AM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: What should the Forum be used for? (Jack71)

If you can control this bunch, the rest of the world won't present a problem!
You have never been in Off Topic have you ?
Old 08-11-2003, 06:07 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been around here since the forum started. I has really changed.. Which is mostly good. I see a lot of repeat questions but that is to be expected as new members join. I see a lot of very good info with an occasional post that create some tension. All in all The forum is set up just right. That's why it's so popular. Keep it the way it is. Also.... This is my opinion.... If post is way out of line, un-safe or wrong info involved, don't be affraid to correct the poster. I've made a few poorly thought out posts and been corrected. The important thing to address the issue or accept the correction and not attack the individual.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:33 AM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What should the Forum be used for? (BSeery)

The Off Topic forum has gotten so far out there, you need to wear a chemical weapons protection suit to enter. The C3 community is tame by comparison :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To What should the Forum be used for?

Old 08-11-2003, 09:10 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Corvetteforum - C3 Corvettes - What should the Forum be used for?

I assume you are referring to the C3 part of the Corvetteforum?

I think this forum should be used for the discussion of anything related to C3 corvettes, including topics that may seem only tangentially related. My favorite analogy is a gathering of friends in the garage. The conversation will naturally center on our cars, but might stray to other topics. If the conversation heads into classical music (not played on the vette radio, but in the concer hall) you might gently steer the conversation back on target, but you don't have to kick your buddy out of the garage! :lol: MJ
:iagree:
Old 08-11-2003, 09:13 AM
75Rag
Melting Slicks

Doesn't bother me one little bit if a group of members from a particular region starts a post about an event that obviously concerns only their small group. :) MJ
I know us "Toronto Guys" are bad for this, but then again, it is usually only one thread, and it's not like we don't allow other vette people. Once someone reads the thread, they know what it's about and whether they want to re enter or not!

If it wasn't for this forum, there would not have been a poker run, and out local charity would still be looking for $
Old 08-11-2003, 09:14 AM
bloodvette80
Pro

Default Re: (1970 Stingray)

The analogy of us being a group of friends meeting in a garage is a great, except theres no beer fridge in this garage... too bad. :cheers:

Quick Reply: What should the Forum be used for?