C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free Engine anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 05:36 PM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Free Engine anyone?

I'm moving and I need to get this 350 out of my garage. First come first serve. It's in Herndon VA.

WHat you get: A long block with an oil pan (basically the whole engine sans manifolds).

It's a 2 bolt main block, .40 over and needs a rebuild. It has 882 heads on it. It comes on an engine storage stand. If noone claims it, I'm going to dig a big hole and bury it, as I'm not moving this heavy thing with me. If you come to pick it up, please bring a cherry picker.

Over and out.
Old 08-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: Free Engine anyone? (Steve Straus)

damn.. If it was running I would have snagged that in a heartbeat :steering:
Old 08-12-2003, 12:36 AM
pillowmeto
Le Mans Master

I live near Annapolis Maryland and would be interested in it. Is it carb to oil pan? I have a truck at my disposible, but i dont have a cherry picker, although I may be able to borrow one. Also could you give me more info on the heads and where the block came from. Also what would a rough estimate on power be. Thank you.

MAtt

No promises but I am severly interested, its just I head to WVU friday, and Carlisle from there.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:58 AM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

Default Re: Free Engine anyone? (pillowmeto)

Wow, very nice of you Steve. :thumbs:

Always say we have a greap group here. :cheers:
Old 08-12-2003, 03:51 AM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Default Re: Free Engine anyone? (pillowmeto)

I live near Annapolis Maryland and would be interested in it. Is it carb to oil pan? I have a truck at my disposible, but i dont have a cherry picker, although I may be able to borrow one. Also could you give me more info on the heads and where the block came from. Also what would a rough estimate on power be. Thank you.
I posted above, it's a long block, so it's the engine and the heads, no manifolds. The heads are 882 heads. It ran pretty strong when I had it in the car, but it's been out for about 1.5 years now. You can still see the cross hatches in the cylinder bores. I'm pretty sure it was originally a truck engine, but once you rebuild it and put the cam that you want in it, it doesn't matter. If it's 4 bolt mains you want, then you can have splayed mains installed in this engine. I had that done on my 383, and it's stronger than a factory block ever was.

In any case, it's free.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:26 AM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang, if you wouldn't live that far from me I would already be there... :smash: That small wet part between us makes my trip a bit hard... :crazy: It would be the same as moving for you to send it to Finland... I might be willing to pay the transportation, but that is still some job for you...

I can't believe that nobody want's a free engine. In here, write to some discussion board that you have an engine which run last time ten years ago and has been sitting outside since then and first to come gets it for free, just wait ten minutes and your parking place is more crowded than the growsery store parking lot in busy hours... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :seeya
Old 08-12-2003, 11:24 PM
pillowmeto
Le Mans Master

Im only around wendsday and thursday. So wendsday is probobly to short notice, but would it be ok if thursday a friend and I came with a pick up truck and took it off your hands. We dont have a cherry picker though, maybe if I just unbolted the heads and loaded the three peices in the bed of the truck and tied them down that would work, we are pretty stong, and probobly capable of lifting that block, or rolling it on with a ramp.
If you would like to call me i can be reached at 4108673569 I feel confident putting my number out in this forum
Thankyou
MAtt

[Modified by pillowmeto, 11:27 PM 8/12/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Free Engine anyone?

Quick Reply: Free Engine anyone?