C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's so cool........

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 01:03 AM
standup
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's so cool........

Thanks to this Forum and all the members who helped in replacing my cooling system.......I installed, by myself:

recored radiator
brand new expansion tank
new hoses
new water pump
new 170 deg thermostat
new belts

It took 3 hours to rip out the old stuff.......3 days to get it back together :crazy:

I got a few hydrocarbon headaches.....mainly from:

1. The expansion tank: I couldn't get those damn straps around that thing and hold it at the same time....my neighbors kids learned a few new words.....definitely needs four hands to install....

2. Overflow Hose......how hard can it be to get a 3/8" hose through a hole in the frame???? A new word for the kids starting with F-ing.....finally got smart and taped a piece of wire on the end and threaded it through....

3. The power steering belt.....Maybe my car is jacked, but there's no room between the cross member and the pulley, even with the bracket fully loosened.....one last desperate yank got her in there......

My reward is no leaks, a fresh paint and rubber smell from the engine bay, and the pleasure of having done it myself......with help from you.....THANKS :cheers:
Old 08-09-2003, 02:37 AM
e3pres
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Default Re: It's so cool........ (standup)

my neighbors kids learned a few new words.....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Quick Reply: It's so cool........