C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air cleaner for Performer Vortec manifold & stock hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 09:34 PM
zymurgist
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Air cleaner for Performer Vortec manifold & stock hood

I had a friend come over and help me hang the hood on my '77 today. It fits great, as it should, since it's the original hood. Unfortunately it does not clear the stock air cleaner with the Edelbrock Performer Vortec manifold and Q-Jet (choke housing mounted on side of carb) installed. So now I'm looking for an air cleaner that looks good and allows my hood to close. Chrome is highly preferred since I have GM chrome valve covers. Summit has a pretty good selection of air cleaners... I'm thinking about the AC Delco 14" air cleaner. Is there anyone using this with a similar application? Oh yeah, I have an HEI distributor so the air cleaner has to clear that too.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:41 PM
Jack71
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Air cleaner for Performer Vortec manifold & stock hood (zymurgist)

Does your current air cleaner have a drop-base? That should fit without a problem. Not a great shot but...

Old 08-08-2003, 09:49 PM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Air cleaner for Performer Vortec manifold & stock hood (Jack71)

I use a 3" drop base with a 14"-3" K&N Filter. Bottom Lid of the Unit did have to be ground away a bit to clear HEI, but does not affect filtration. Plus I had to trim my air cleaner stud to bare usefulnees :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Air cleaner for Performer Vortec manifold & stock hood

Quick Reply: Air cleaner for Performer Vortec manifold & stock hood