C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a nice clean pic of how 68 rocker panels should look?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 01:11 PM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone have a nice clean pic of how 68 rocker panels should look?

Mine are so beat up I cant even tell what they are supposed to look like. It appears bubba may have visited. I know in the catalogs they talk about two pieces. Are these supposed to be chrome, painted, or what? ARe they then glued together, or did bubba replace mine with something different as the ones on my 68 sure seem like one piece to me.

thanks,
--marc
Old 08-08-2003, 01:17 PM
sb69coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have a nice clean pic of how 68 rocker panels should look? (BigBadOrange)

This is the best I can come up with on short notice. The rocker trim for '68 and '69 is two pieces. The lower trim is a fiberglass piece that is painted a semi-flat black. The upper trim is a polished aluminum piece that the top half is painted semi gloss black.

[Modified by sb69coupe, 1:19 PM 8/8/2003]
Old 08-08-2003, 04:26 PM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have a nice clean pic of how 68 rocker panels should look? (BigBadOrange)

Mine are so beat up I cant even tell what they are supposed to look like. It appears bubba may have visited. I know in the catalogs they talk about two pieces. Are these supposed to be chrome, painted, or what? ARe they then glued together, or did bubba replace mine with something different as the ones on my 68 sure seem like one piece to me.

thanks,
--marc
Mine are NOS and installed correctly - I can get you a picture this weekend.

Bottom fiberglass piece is Semi-Gloss Black (I used SEM). This is screwed to the car first.

Top Aluminum piece is painted the same Semi-Gloss Black on the BOTTOM (flat part) and the top is natural aliminum - this screws to the bottom piece using the slip on "nuts".
Old 08-08-2003, 04:52 PM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Default Re: Anyone have a nice clean pic of how 68 rocker panels should look? (pws69)

Semi Gloss Black? :lol: :lol: :lol: Yup, I think bubba visited my car! About all thats left of the finish on my rockers looks like bits and pieces of plastic chrome.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:06 PM
sb69coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BBO, are yours two piece? It sounds like they have been replaced with the later model one piece aluminum rockers.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:57 PM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Default Re: Anyone have a nice clean pic of how 68 rocker panels should look? (sb69coupe)

I think that they are one piece, but they are either plastic or fiberglass that look chromed and now almost all the "chrome" has peeled off. So what you see is mostly tan colored with speckles of shreaded chrome. :nono:
Old 08-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Rick68
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if this will help. I don't have any close up pics of the rockers.
Mine are two piece the top piece is about a half inch or so wide 1/2 of it is chrome and the other 1/2 black. Below that the other piece is all black.
The top piece over laps the bottom piece and are screwed on

[Modified by 73Stingraycoupe, 9:02 PM 8/8/2003]
Old 08-09-2003, 11:20 AM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Default Re: Anyone have a nice clean pic of how 68 rocker panels should look? (73Stingraycoupe)

[QUOTE]I don't know if this will help. I don't have any close up pics of the rockers.
Mine are two piece the top piece is about a half inch or so wide 1/2 of it is chrome and the other 1/2 black. Below that the other piece is all black.
The top piece over laps the bottom piece and are screwed on

[QUOTE]THanks 73!!!! :thumbs: I got it now. Beautiful car!

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have a nice clean pic of how 68 rocker panels should look?

Quick Reply: Anyone have a nice clean pic of how 68 rocker panels should look?