C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poker Run .. Recap

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 11:08 AM
75Rag
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Poker Run .. Recap

For all who participated in the first "annual" Waterdown Poker Run, before your recollection of the days events fades too badly, I would like you all to let me know how we could change / improve anything, what you liked and what you didn't.

Either post here, or send me IM's.

Thanks all, looking forward to next year, and building on what we accomplished this year.

Michael

Old 08-08-2003, 11:18 AM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Poker Run .. Recap (75Rag)

I thought it was great. Only thing I see that could be different, is the length of the run. Of course that was the first one, so naturally timings are hard to hammer out. I like the idea of starting in Waterdown, but perhaps we could end up in say, Algonquin Park. Now I realize that is a long drive, its just a thought really, not a good one I admit :lol: Or perhaps something along those lines. I like the idea of the cards being sealed in envelopes, that was a good call. Also, the ending up at East Side with the deal on the food, that was sweet, though I had far fewer wings then I thought I would. Perhaps we could end up at say Natawasaga Inn. They have a Golf course, Spa, tennis, and many other amenities. We could perhaps turn it into a weekend affair, end up at Natawasga and stay over night, have a party in the evening.

[Modified by Dwayne 76, 11:20 AM 8/8/2003]
Old 08-08-2003, 11:37 AM
Cyndi76
Instructor

Default Re: Poker Run .. Recap (Dwayne 76)

:iagree: It would've been nice to see it stretched a little longer. The drive was beautifully scenic-let's keep that aspect. Love the idea mentioned about different charities and personally love the "vettes for pets" idea! :thumbs:

I think ending at a place like Nottawasaga is a great plan as well, might get some more of the female folk out...what might be a better idea instead of the spa thing is to maybe end up at Woodbine Racetrack keeping with the gambling bit going. They are very accommodating for groups. They also have a fabulous buffet. They may give a special area for parking, who knows.

This lot seems like a pretty easy bunch, I'm sure they'd do it again if nothing was different! It was a very enjoyable day! :yesnod:
Old 08-08-2003, 12:16 PM
desi
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Poker Run was great. Needs to be longer next time :yesnod:

How about a fall cruise in September, mostly driving through scenic routes like last time.

Poker run was very well put together... :cheers:
Old 08-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Poker Run .. Recap (desi)

Poker run was VERY well put together. :yesnod:
Old 08-10-2003, 05:37 PM
1Bad69
Safety Car

Default Re: Poker Run .. Recap (Dwayne 76)

awesome ...only thing i would change is sure a bit longer, but i would like to see say two different routes to each check point...this way we don't have a big caravan following each other...with maybe a bit more time betwen cars...
Old 08-11-2003, 11:12 AM
75Rag
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Poker Run .. Recap (1bad69)

I'm bumping this to the top one time. Thanks for the responses, and with 24 entrants I'm hoping to get a few more .....
Old 08-11-2003, 11:25 AM
mg62
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting responses. Actually, I didn't think it was too short. I thought the length was about right. Not too keen on facing a 2-3 hour drive home after the "finish" of the poker run.

And I kind of enjoyed the convoy aspect of the ride, roaring through the winding roads with a bunch of Vettes.

So, in other words, do it again just like last time! (Except, make the termination point walking distance from my place, so I can drink without trepidation!)
Old 08-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Ghostrider
Pro

The 2:50 run-time (by my GPS) poker run was just about the right length of individual periods and overall time. Orgainsation was perfect ...very interesting routes. We could make the 'Poker" more interesting by open cards and optional purchase of the last card for best poker hand. Need to mark cards for each player......

Get notified of new replies

To Poker Run .. Recap

Quick Reply: Poker Run .. Recap