C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PS controller installed, 100% improvement.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 08:14 AM
adamdinat
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default PS controller installed, 100% improvement.

On the road again (if it stops raining here). My thread file came in the UPS at work and I was able to clean up the relay rod and install the new controller. As stated on the box it was indeed pre centered and worked perfectly with no adjustment. :hurray: Whats better is that the car no longer pulls hard right. :hurray: :hurray: The steering is tight and the car stays on track. It was like the 70 buick you had in HS. It was pulling hard left and requiring lots of course correction. If you nailed the gas you had to hang on tight to stay on the road. Now it bears down straight and under control. It also looks like the big leak is gone! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: It was dry under there this morning. I was using a quart of PS fluid every two weeks. 100% improvement. So this is how a vette is susppoed to handle!!

I cannot say enough about the thread file. This is the second time one has saved my butt. I had to use a pipe wrench to muscle the old controller off. There were 2 damaged threads causing serious binding. Using the thread file and test fitting the new controller I was able to clean it up so it screwed on by hand. :thumbs:
Old 08-08-2003, 08:40 AM
Stewart's74
Safety Car

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Re: PS controller installed, 100% improvement. (adamdinat)

Sweet :thumbs:
Isnt it cool to do a job on your own :yesnod:
Old 08-08-2003, 09:59 AM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: PS controller installed, 100% improvement. (Stewart's74)

Nice ! Just in time. My driveway thanks you.

Saturday looks like a good break in the forecasted 40 days/nights of rain. :lol:

:seeya

Get notified of new replies

To PS controller installed, 100% improvement.

Quick Reply: PS controller installed, 100% improvement.