C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any special things to check from -82 CE

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 04:11 AM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any special things to check from -82 CE

I'm going to check one pretty cheap -82 CE, it needs new paint at least to both bumbers and front emblem is missing, but otherwise it should be in pretty good shape. What are the specific things to check from that car? Especially from engine, what are the most critical points in Cross Fire Injection?
Old 08-08-2003, 07:57 AM
PB82CE
Pro

Default Re: Any special things to check from -82 CE (FinnShark)

Finnshark, just look below at my sig.

That will give you a start. Make sure the throttle bodies are in good shape
as well, they are very hard to get and expensive as well.

Good Luck.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Astro7
Racer

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Although I don't own a Collector Edition I have heard that the replacement parts for restoration are VERY expensive. The stripe & fade decals are no longer available except maybe on Ebay. The interior trim parts and bronze glass tops are CE only and are available for a lot more $$ than regular 82 interior peices. As far as the engine, it's the same L83 crossfire that's in all 82s. I haven't had any trouble with mine and it runs perfectly.
Old 08-11-2003, 02:20 AM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Any special things to check from -82 CE (PB82CE)

Thanks for the replies. I've been checking the part prices from Corvette catalogs that I have. I noticed the same thing that the fade decals are not anymore available and even stripe decals are expensive...

I didn't knew that even the tops are different in CE! Have to check that one from the car! I know that there is some paint problems with both bumbers so at least they have to be painted. It means that also the stripe decals have to be replaced... Interior should be in good condition and all emblems should be in good condition excluding the front emblem which is missing. It was still available in my catalogs, so it's not that bad I guess...

I will let you know later what I found out from the car. I have to check the rust and #'s matching things anyway... The car is imported from California lately so the rust should be minimal... :smash:
Old 08-11-2003, 03:53 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The decals are still available, I'll have to look where it was but someone is making them. They ARE expensive though.

Get notified of new replies

To Any special things to check from -82 CE

Quick Reply: Any special things to check from -82 CE