C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower Ball joints

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 05:01 PM
Richard Cooper
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Lower Ball joints

I just got my parts from Mid America. I was checking to make sure everything was there and I noticed that the lower ball joint has two "ears" coming out the sides. These "ears" seem to be for mounting, does this seem correct. I have seen the upper ball joint, but never the lower so I was wondering if this is correct. I'm just trying to make sure everything is right before I start pulling things apart. Thanks. :confused:
Old 08-07-2003, 06:38 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Lower Ball joints (Richard Cooper)

I am not sure abyout the semantics of description, but you will find the thing is correct, and there is a large stud and nut going through the lower controll arm, and the entire unit somehow is just upside down from the most usual configuration...something I never have figgered out, except the design team needed a quick fix for something...and so it's unique...

GENE
Old 08-07-2003, 07:27 PM
Van Steel
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Re: Lower Ball joints (mrvette)

Yes it's correct. You should have also been provided 2 bolts. They go throught the side of the a-arm and through the "ears" of the ball joint.

Get notified of new replies

To Lower Ball joints

Quick Reply: Lower Ball joints