C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This stroker has one more chance!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 03:14 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default This stroker has one more chance!

Save you :rant: on my stroker motor but I found I have one more grind left in the crank and will get the rods resized this time. :rolleyes: I am bound and determined to get this junk-a-motive stroker going just to spite the damn thing. I want to use this one to get the FI going then I will build a forged low comp version to use with a supercharger. Hope to have it together and in for the Milan Drag night on Sept 25th. The FI will this winter's project and hopefully the 5 speed too. :cheers:
Old 08-06-2003, 03:41 PM
Lt1er
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: This stroker has one more chance! (Fevre)

Some people love Speedo-motive. Maybe it's the guys that just buy the rotating kits and do their own assembly work. I just don't think companies are as clean or meticulas as you and I and that when the horror stories start.

Sorry that you got burnt with spun bearings.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:49 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: This stroker has one more chance! (Lt1er)

Some people love Speedo-motive. Maybe it's the guys that just buy the rotating kits and do their own assembly work. I just don't think companies are as clean or meticulas as you and I and that when the horror stories start.

Sorry that you got burnt with spun bearings.
My biggest grip with them is the attitude the eng builder gave me right from the get go, he started right off saying it had to be my fault cuz they would never do anything wrong. I still think is was because they did not clearence the oil pan rail flashing and the rod tapped when the centrifical force kicked in. It did run like a scolded dog after I rebuilt it the first time but I screwed up and did not check the rods, the #6 is slightly out of round. I will be more carefull this time. :yesnod:
Old 08-06-2003, 05:49 PM
Lt1er
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that GKULL does his own grinding and I think that he said he does .040 - .060 clearance on the outside of rod swing on the pan rail and front and back for crank shaft end play.

If it hit on a short block crate motor it was the companies fault.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:02 AM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

:skep: Is that Speed-O-Motive located here in the L.A. basin? One of the guys at work drives a C4 with a killer 406" swears by Speed-O-Motive and says they can do it all. But one day while in the area I dropped in for a chat to see what kind of block work they would do for my Dream motor . Not a metal working machine in sight (well maybe a box strapper). Yep, just a reboxing factory. But the counter person ensured me he could get any block work done I requested.
Anyway, this place was in east-central Los Angeles but not sure as I trashed the address and hope I don't get sued for badmouthing the wrong company.
Don't mean to upset you Fevre but thought important for the forum to know. :grouphug:

Get notified of new replies

To This stroker has one more chance!

Quick Reply: This stroker has one more chance!