C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a CenterForce clutch in an '80

Old 08-06-2003, 01:36 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Anyone have a CenterForce clutch in an '80

Going to put a CenterForce dual friction clutch in this weekend and was wondering if anyone had one in an '80 and did they have any problems installing it ?

Read some post about problems with the clutch fork and pivot ball etc. :D
Old 08-06-2003, 01:55 PM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have a CenterForce clutch in an '80 (MotorHead)

I have a centerforce II in my 78...... Next time I'll go for the dual friction..... but thats a ways down the road. Mine was staight R&R with the old clutch. no problems encountered. I also used their throwout bearing, a little costly but I viewed the parts store replacements and they were crap compared to the centerforce one.

My clutch lasted 2 years( 10,000 hard miles, + 30 passes at the strip), and was on the second disk when the engine went south.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:30 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have a CenterForce clutch in an '80 (MotorHead)

Wayne I have the dual friction that has taken some sovere abuse over the last year and it is great. Make sure that you get the right throw out bearing it's an additional cost but necessary, I'd buy another one if it becomes nexessary.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:28 PM
gravismaximus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone have a CenterForce clutch in an '80 (gdh)

i put the dual ceterforce in mine (81) and i couldnt be happier with it. i got a self adjusting throwout bearing thou, not the center force one. i encountered no problums installing it. however mine was a auto and i swaped it to a richmond 6 speed, i had to put the clutch pedle adjustment all the way to the end. (making it so i can adjust it up) dont know if this is the clutchs falut or the 6 speeds.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have a CenterForce clutch in an '80

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone have a CenterForce clutch in an '80