C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carb question for Lars or anyone else who would know....

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 12:05 PM
TotallySmoked
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carb question for Lars or anyone else who would know....

Would a Q-Jet off of a 1974 L82 4 speed have a Pump discharge ball and discharge ball retainer? I am going by a 4MV diagram and don't seem to remember having this on mine, the rebuild kit came with a replacement pump discharge ball though and I don't really want to have to take the whole carb apart just to find out that mine doesn't have this.
Thanks again in advance.
:thumbs:
Old 08-06-2003, 12:38 PM
Rich's78$pit
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Carb question for Lars or anyone else who would know.... (TotallySmoked)

Yes it will have the ball under the screw-in retainer, but if it isn't broke, don't fix it! You can change the ball after just taking the air horn off.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:39 PM
TotallySmoked
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Carb question for Lars or anyone else who would know.... (Rich's78$pit)

Rich
Thanks, the problem is, I have one screw left over and I believe it is the pump discharge ball retainer. But if it's just a matter of taking off the air horn, piece o cake.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Rich's78$pit
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Carb question for Lars or anyone else who would know.... (TotallySmoked)

The pump ball retainer screw (brass) has a threaded section at the top and a rod shaped section extending down from that. I doubt the rebuild kit contains a replacement screw because there is really nothing to go wrong with it. The kit includes a new steel pump ball because they can rust if you get water in there but rusting is unlikely unless the carb has sat idle quite a while (the pump action pushes any separated water out with the pump shot).

Get notified of new replies

To Carb question for Lars or anyone else who would know....

Quick Reply: Carb question for Lars or anyone else who would know....