C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Differences between C2 versus C3 <> Mechanical and Body, fit and trim

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 08:27 PM
buycar
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences between C2 versus C3 <> Mechanical and Body, fit and trim

Thinking about buying a C3. Always have had C2's and never a C3.
I know the questions to ask on C2's but not on C3. For example, headlights work on vaccum on the C3 versus the headlamp motors on the C2. What other major differences are there when evaluating a C3 versus the C2? Which has the better mechanical technology and why? Which is more troublefree? Do C3's have more of a cooling system problem than C2's? How about the heat in the interior compartment generated by a C3 versus a C2? Thanks in advance for eveyones input.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:21 AM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Differences between C2 versus C3 <> Mechanical and Body, fit and trim (buycar)

I hope guys like Massvette, Paul67 and Ed T chime in for you as they have had both and can tell you the whole story.

My *understanding* is that mechanically, until you hit the extra junk of the smog years, C2s and c3s are essentially identical in design and execution. The differences you will find will be mainly in ergonomics, ride quality (rubber mounts, etc) and drivetrain selection (Powerglide vs. TH400 vs. TH350, 327 vs. 350, etc).
Old 08-07-2003, 08:19 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Differences between C2 versus C3 <> Mechanical and Body, fit and trim (buycar)

C2 is next on my hit list. A nassau blue convertible with sidepipes to be exact. I drool whenever I see one.

I love C3's, all of them, but gotta love them C2's... :auto:

Get notified of new replies

To Differences between C2 versus C3 <> Mechanical and Body, fit and trim

Quick Reply: Differences between C2 versus C3 <> Mechanical and Body, fit and trim