C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you remove the knob? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 10:24 PM
tyler77
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How do you remove the ****? Help!

Light switch in a 82, How do you remove the **** from the switch in front of the dash or do I have to go in from the back. putting on a dash cover but the light switch **** must come off first. thanks in advance.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:36 PM
bigvette1
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: How do you remove the ****? Help! (tyler77)

I am pretty sure you need to go in from the back or side of the switch. There is a release pin that let's you pull the know out. The problem is to get to it you have to pull the dash panel. But double check with other posts to make sure I am correct for an 82 before you dive in.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:25 AM
jerryp58
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How do you remove the ****? Help! (bigvette1)

:iagree:

Not sure about your '82, but most headlight switches (including my '77) have a pin that you push in while pulling the **** out. I believe my pin was at the opposite end of the switch from the ****, but apparently some are on the side.

As far as removing the ****, I know your '82 dash is different, but I didn't have to remove the dash on my '77 to get the **** out; I just had to loosen it and I could get my hand back there to remove the ****.

Get notified of new replies

To How do you remove the knob? Help!

Quick Reply: How do you remove the knob? Help!