C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

68 Radiator SHROUD UPPER BRACKET

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 10:20 PM
ksbunting
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 68 Radiator SHROUD UPPER BRACKET

Gentlemen,
Yet another radiator related question:
My 68 has the copper radiator and Air Conditioning. I have the correct fiberglass reinforced plastic shroud with the extensions.
The top of the shroud mounts to the radiator support via a bracket that is welded to the support and has two (2) mounting holes. The bracket that I have has two holes that match up to the radiator support HOWEVER the opposite end of the bracket which attaches to the shroud also has TWO (2) holes and the shroud only has ONE (1) hole. I have looked in the aftermarket catalogs that I have and it has not helped. The AIM confuses me as the radiator set up shown for the c-60 air conditioning (which I have) seems to be similar to the 427 motor and I have the small block L79 (327 with 350 Horsepower).
Do I have an incorrect shroud mounting bracket and if the answer is "YES" where can I find the correct bracket?
Does anyone have the same motor as I have with A/C that would be willing to send a picture via e-mail.
Thank you,
68 T-top

:confused:

[Modified by ksbunting, 9:21 PM 8/4/2003]

Quick Reply: 68 Radiator SHROUD UPPER BRACKET