C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTENTION '81 OWNERS: differences between st. louis and BG, wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 07:29 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Default ATTENTION '81 OWNERS: differences between st. louis and BG, wiring

hey guys, my B-I-L is here with his '81. his is a BG car and mine is a st. louis car. we were comparing some wiring differences and i noticed that on mine, mounted in the battery compartment next to the battery is a terminal for interior (+). we didn't find one on his and no evidence it's ever been there. any ideas about this being a difference in the way the two plants put them together? has anybody with a BG car found this (+) terminal?
also, i've been pretty fortunate in the braking department but he's experiencing an intermittant brake fade issue and a hard pull to the left.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:48 PM
Armstrong
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ATTENTION '81 OWNERS: differences between st. louis and BG, wiring (clutchdust)

I have a 81 from BG and i don't have the terminal that you speak of.
Could it be a very well placed mod made to look original from a previous owner or are you the only owner.
Curious :crazy:
Old 08-04-2003, 10:00 PM
Enad
Racer

Default Re: ATTENTION '81 OWNERS: differences between st. louis and BG, wiring (clutchdust)

Are you talking about this thing (from my 82)?

Old 08-05-2003, 09:37 AM
UKPaul
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My BG '81 doesn't have that terminal either.
Mine also used to pull to the side under braking & swapping the front rubber hoses out for braided ones cured it.
:cheers:
Old 08-05-2003, 06:56 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Re: ATTENTION '81 OWNERS: differences between st. louis and BG, wiring (Enad)

enad, that is the terminal of which i speak. and it looks as though yours is where mine is (was, originally), although slightly different, likely from the FI engine.
funny that the BG '81s don't seem to have it but the '82s and my '81 from st. louis does. so, it would appear that at least that part of his car is relatively unmolested. i just thought that was peculiar that he did not have that.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:00 PM
stickboy
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has that, it is a st louis car. :cheers:
Old 08-05-2003, 11:24 PM
Enad
Racer

enad, that is the terminal of which i speak. and it looks as though yours is where mine is (was, originally), although slightly different, likely from the FI engine.
funny that the BG '81s don't seem to have it but the '82s and my '81 from st. louis does. so, it would appear that at least that part of his car is relatively unmolested. i just thought that was peculiar that he did not have that.
My terminal gadgerooty is not exactly stock. There are some added spacers and a ton of new short circuit possibilites (wires) :D Like most of my car I can't remember what it looked in its original form.

Dane
Old 08-06-2003, 04:04 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: ATTENTION '81 OWNERS: differences between st. louis and BG, wiring (Enad)

that terminal is just a junction block. The fuse in that pic is for the RAM power, it's only present on 82 & 81 (it feeds 13V continuous, unswitched by ign. to the RAM of the ECM for storage of fault codes )

[Modified by Twin_Turbo, 3:07 AM 8/6/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To ATTENTION '81 OWNERS: differences between st. louis and BG, wiring

Quick Reply: ATTENTION '81 OWNERS: differences between st. louis and BG, wiring