C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(OT)For a short time only... "FREE" positive feedback auction on E-bay

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 11:46 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default (OT)For a short time only... "FREE" positive feedback auction on E-bay

Sorry for posting this, but I ran into this and reported it to E-bay. It may not last long. I would think you should not buy one of the "FREE" feedbacks, but it just proves that E-bay is running amuck at times and you never can tell what crap you might be running into. The real reason I am posting this is that I was looking for a starter and appeared to find maybe a plausible answer. NOT! The seller has had some serious negative feedback in the last month and resorted to buying about 10 of these "FREE" feedbacks. Click through the seller's feedback and you will find "kmcompany" buying 10 of those freebies.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=19272

Old 08-03-2003, 11:53 PM
joshs78sleeper
Advanced

Default Re: (OT)For a short time only... "FREE" positive feedback auction on E-bay (bgrice)

Well theres a lot shadier of stuff happening on ebay then that...but thats still not cool. But trust me, I knew of people who could get hacked accounts with like 500-1000 positive feedbacks, then advertise a very expensive item, take payment, never ship. They could setup however many simultaneous auctions they wanted to have large cashouts.

This was not a every once in a while event...this is an everyday business for some people.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:06 AM
tshort
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran

Default Re: (OT)For a short time only... "FREE" positive feedback auction on E-bay (bgrice)

I can't believe people are that blatant and that eBay lets them get away with it. I sent eBay an email. I bet I won't get a response.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:10 AM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: (OT)For a short time only... "FREE" positive feedback auction on E-bay (joshs78sleeper)

josh,

You miss the point. This is not just a scam, but a vendor who makes their living on E-bay joining in. Now I have to go through every auction that a seller/buyer had to make sure they were legitimate to make that 100%? Granted there are just a few who abuse the E-bay system, but just the one vendor I mentioned above makes me want to just bypass the whole process of E-bay and I'll go ahead and pay the premium to a legitimate business for a starter.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:16 AM
joshs78sleeper
Advanced

Oh know, I understand your whole point...I was just pointing out that theres even worse on ebay. And the courses they take to fix them are minimal. But also, youre missing my point. The people these guys attack are the super vendors...the people who make their living. So you could go through every sale and track it, and it just might happen this one time this vendor is selling something it is someone who actually has thier account hacked.

Either way, its a gamble. I still use it every once in a while...but you just really have to use your head. And your instinct. Even then youre chancing it. I would never buy something on ebay that I couldnt afford to eat the money. unfortunately thats just how it is.

:(

Get notified of new replies

To (OT)For a short time only... "FREE" positive feedback auction on E-bay

Quick Reply: (OT)For a short time only... "FREE" positive feedback auction on E-bay