C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

81' Drivers seat back stuck...help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 10:53 AM
81' Corvette Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 81' Drivers seat back stuck...help!

Hi all, my 81 drivers seat back is stuck in the upright postition?? Go figure, the left side is the side giving me the problem, went to put it down and moves bout .5 inches forward then lock..nothing moves! What gives? Short of removing the whole seat and tearing it apart not sure what I can do. This happen to anyone else? TIA for your valuable advise! While on the seat issue, how tough is it to pull out the cushions...any secret methods or tips to be had out here doing this..again TIA.

[Modified by 81' Corvette Guy, 9:59 AM 8/3/2003]
Old 08-03-2003, 11:32 AM
stickboy
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 81' Drivers seat back stuck...help! (81' Corvette Guy)

Mine does this sometimes, the inertial lock is not unlocking. To quickly unlock it you can pop the hinge cover off, then use a small straight blade screwdriver to unlock it by moving the lock toward the back of the car. The inertial lock is a white piece of plastic. Make sure it swings freely. :cheers:
Old 08-03-2003, 11:40 AM
sewright
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 81' Drivers seat back stuck...help! (81' Corvette Guy)

Mine does the same thing. I'll have to try to tip in the reply to this post. Thanks. As for taking out cushions, that very simple. Pull upwards on the back of the seat bottom. It should come up easily. Then just slide the front retainer out of the catch by pulling the cushion towards the back of the car. The top portion is also simple, just pull straight up on it. They are held in place by a long wire that catches on hooks that are molded into the seat frame.

Sam

Get notified of new replies

To 81' Drivers seat back stuck...help!

Quick Reply: 81' Drivers seat back stuck...help!