C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I keep losing a cylinder!!!!

Old 08-02-2003, 03:57 AM
Smokin80
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I keep losing a cylinder!!!!

hey
every once in awhile if i hammer on it it loses a cylinder once it starts to rev above about 3500 or 4000. It just goes blaaaaaaaaa for a second or so and then it will come back and it might do it again before i take my foot out of it. Does this sound like an ignition problem with say the cap and rotor or the plug wires. The plugs are bran new and it is HEI with a MSD 6A. Any ideas???? :confused: :confused: :cuss :sad:
Old 08-02-2003, 04:12 AM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: I keep losing a cylinder!!!! (Smokin80)

On my truck I kept having a cylinder cut out. Problem was a spark plug lead would occasionally ground out. It did this at idle and at speed. I found it by putting the truck in the garage and turning the lights off. I ran it, at night with the door open, and was able to see, and hear, the arc.

Since yours is only at RPM, I would try and run it without the MSD and see if that is the problem.
Old 08-02-2003, 04:37 PM
Smokin80
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I keep losing a cylinder!!!! (BSeery)

id did it to me at cruise today as well. Last time i had my dist cap off it was perfect inside...no carbon tracking or anything and nothin that looked like a crack. I have no idea how old the plug wires are so i think that is probably it....
smokin :chevy

Get notified of new replies

To I keep losing a cylinder!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I keep losing a cylinder!!!!